How can I man myself a better man so I don't keep being put into the friend zone?

Every girl I have had a significant interest in and pursued that interest has ended up with me being rejected and friend zoned. All the girls I seem to like is when I have a long standing friendship with them. I don't like the idea of going out there to find a partner, I prefer to get to know them well before moving it up, this is why most of my crushes have been friends prior to my crush. I would like to improve myself so that I don't end up in this situation again. Is there any things you guys can suggest, like techniques or books, that can help me do this?

02