Hey Guys, Quick Question?

I'm still only in highschool (keep this in mind) but I'm on our school's robotics team and because of it, I'm very hands-on and very DIY; if anything breaks in my house I fix it for fun. However, I've had guys tell me that it's a turn-off and to be "more feminine", but I'm very girly-looking. I'm short and thin with long hair, and (at least I think) I look pretty feminine, so this is where I ask- is such a "bad thing" that I trade high heels for power tools? And if it is, how can I keep doing what I love while appealing to guys?Hey Guys, Quick Question...?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• To some guys it might be a turn off because they have an image in their mind of what girls should be like and those kind of people never find anyone they are happy with because no one is absaloutly perfect to them. Don't change for anyone because it's better to have people not like you for who you really are, than to have people like you for someone your not.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's odd that guys wouldn't like that, I always thought that guys would like a sexy woman car mechanic or engineer. You look like a very beautiful girl and i really don't think you should give up your dreams for guys. The right one will come along. Maybe you'll find a guy who enjoys the same things as you. I like doing physical stuff too and i don't think i'm unattractive at all, I've had a lot of guys go for me. You're still young so guys your age are pretty immature and stupid, my brother is your age and he's really not mature. Don't listen to them, they really don't know what they're talking about. As you get older you'll find guys who would love to have a woman like you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Have no fear. There are lots of guys who like that. I am one. I have 5 daughters, two have graduated college with degrees in electrical engineering and the third is now a junior with the same major. The middle one is having some boy trouble but the eldest is extremely happy with her husband and the youngest is in a stable relationship as well.

There seems to be something about strong and independent women that frightens some guys. They are after the submissive type I guess. Robotics clearly threatens them but that is certainly not all guys.

Later you will discover that nerds can be very sexy as well. Let them mature just a bit.

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww, thank you. I'll just have to wait it out I guess... not fun, but will hopefully be worth it 😅

• Don't worry. Your nerd friends are often late blumers and hit puberty later. That is why they can still think.

Surveys have shown that women thend to be attracted to intelligent, balding men, who are generally modest. Sounds like nerds to me.

Wait until college and afterwards. You will see an enormous change in these meek and mild boys and they will want you.

• I don't belive that its you that are the "problem". We have different things that is a turn on for different people. And guys that are young can feel more threaten by girls that are in to "more guy stuff" rather than thinks that you are a turn off.
    Just power through and you your think, a guy will come along that loves you for you. You should never change yourself for someone else. Just be you!

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl don't listen to those guys. Do whatever makes you happy and just be YOU.

If you're great at robotics which I'm sure you are. In a few years. You're going to to be making a shit load of money, and guys would be begging for your attention.

So don't worry what guys say. Just be you.👍👍

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that's cool that you are good with tools.

Don't listen to those guys, it's pretty immature for them to say that.

You do you boo

1|0
    0|0
  • Those guys are retarded mental cases. dont care about them

2|0
    0|0
  • Ignore them and be happy doing your thing. There's probably an equal amount of guys that will like you for who you are. And if not now, then surely later.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't mind them. Their probably just subconsciously jealous that you're better at manly stuff than they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think the aside is they are ribbing on you for you are better than them. they are trying to cut you down- 'tall poppy syndrome'

0|0
    0|0
  • You should be yourself I don't think tha's a turnoff at all ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • Have fun and do what u enjoy
    Guys will like that about u

0|0
    0|0
  • They're just jealous because you're more of a man then they'll ever be

0|0
    0|0
  • Choose one u like more and it should be easier to know that u like it

0|0
    0|0
  • he's a bit of a nobhead if doing diy stuff at home is too masculine...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would love to find a girl That likes to do practical stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't change be yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • No its not a bad thing at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t worry about it. Do what you love to do

0|0
    0|0
  • Is totally cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you look very girly from head to toes

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean, I would think so. Lacy tops, skinny jeans and/or skirts, flats, long hair, makeup.

• Hmmm
      Kinda sounds like it
      Curious to know what it looks like in all those looks

• its not a turn off they are just dumb and mad they can't figure it out. i for one am terrible at building and or fixing shit. i can't even use jumper cables. id love to have someone who could do that stuff

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No honey, your interest in robotics and engineering doesn't make you masculine. You are the 21st century girl. You don't have to give up what you love. Don't care about those guys. They are dumb.

1|1
    0|0
  • Ok. Any guy who is worth your time won't mind. I'm far from girly. You may do well to look for guys who are also interested in robotics :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Those guys are idiots, they only say it because they're jealous.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl go for it. Theyll love your skillz in robotics one day. Do what you love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that's insanely hot. I'd love a girl with mechanics skills.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes