On a date who usually pays, especially the first dates?

I don’t pay on dates but this isn’t a who’s right or wrong question, I’m just curious
  • I pay
    Vote A
  • They pay
    Vote B
  • We split
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Studies far & wide show that men are still expected to pay for the first date by women from every walk of life. Pennsylvania State University did an amazing study on the subject in the early nineties. It was the substance of that study that strongly suggested to me that the women's movement was never really about equality. Equality would mean equal rights AND equal responsibilities, but no notable feminist or feminist organization has ever fought for equal responsibilities.

0|1
    0|0
    • If a guy doesn’t pay for a first date I’d never go out with him again.

• You're not the only one. 96% of female respondents in that Penn state study said they'd never accept a 2nd date with a guy who didn't pay for the first. It's a damn shame.

• I’ve never payed for a first date, and I typically end up sleeping with them after the first date. Most guys are extremely ignorant, you are actually better off asserting yourself. If a girl gets pissy, she’s a hoe or a gold digger. You can get cheaper hoes that are much better in bed.

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy pays always. I offer sometimes and always bring my own cash but he’s paying. At least i expect him to. if he doesn’t then that just tells me he wants something casual. Not gonna apologize for this expectation, either. Dislike all you want, no fucks given here

1|1
    0|3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• I think the guy should pay in most circumstances, but if she earns a lot more than him AND he doesn't earn that much, I think she should if she asked him out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Now a days... I wanna see if she can pay or offer to pay.. and if I feel she's one of those, like you, that isn't use to paying or thinks she doesn't need too...
    I won't pay and see if she can.. that's test #1 lol

And there is many more
    ya you girls got a checklist... we do to hahah

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow lol id still wouldn’t pay 😂 or if I had to pay my half and split ways for good lol if you don’t want to pay don’t ask me out lol no skin off my back

• ya but there is a girl out there that doesn't see it that way lol... and that's the one that will make it through and then get everything... like everything lol
      cause she proved herself hahah

I guess you money as something you can't compromise on... that is a huge red flag for me though lol...

• Obviously the guy pays, itsup to the girl to offer or be nice and not get something expensive. If the girl is an entitled asshole she will let the guy pay for a bottle of wine and the most expensive steak with starters and make hi buy things. If she is a nice gilr she will get something normal and offer to pay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the date. If I really like the girl I'm happy to foot the bill, but I'm also not stupid enough to take a woman on a first date to something expensive. She needs to impress me before I'm willing to spend more money on her. If the date was a total disaster I offer to split. If she offers to split and it wasn't great, I accept. That keeps everything simple and removes expectations from both sides.

0|0
    0|0
  • I go with the motto "Whoever asks the person out should pay".

0|0
    0|0
  • In the Japan dating culture splitting the bill is almost always a given, but on the first date and occasionally on other dates I'll pay everything because I want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • I offer to pay, but we usually always end up splitting. Except for the times i just straight up bought the movie tickets online because it's just more convenient that way

0|0
    0|0
  • whoever asks the person out that one pays. later on in a relationship you always split unless its special occasion dedicated to a specific person. why don't you ever pay?

0|0
    0|1
  • I feel that if I take a woman on a date, then I should pay. I was raised to be mostly traditional and chivalrous.

1|0
    0|1
  • First date should be low cost anyways. Coffee or brunch. I prefer cocktails and tapas (appetizers) but that will run about 60+ bucks a date. That is okay if there is fun to be had. If she offers to split, I will usually tell her "you can cover the drinks next time" or "this time is on me" which alludes to her possibly paying for the next date. Chances are though, I won't bring it up again and won't make her feel like she owes me. I will end up trying to cover the 2nd date too. If she insists to split or to pay that time around, I will joke "if you insist" or maybe "you can pay me back later if you want".

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems most dates I’ve gone in the past end up they wanting to split 50/50. However I don’t mind being generous to a deserving date.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a sign of good faith the first couple of dates the man should treat the girl, after that Its a 50/50 split

0|0
    0|0
  • My woman must always pay for my dates. If she doesn't, she is not a real woman.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually do. But then I don't go to a fancy place on a first date; just drinks and appetizers.

0|0
    0|0
  • It hurts me to let a lady pay
    Friend, family or date it doesn't matter

1|0
    0|0
  • I always insist to pay, only if she demands to pay half we split

0|0
    0|0
  • Man pays, of course. Old fashioned way.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m gonna pay for that because too nice

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always paid on the first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been expected to pay.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• Most of the times, they pay. I don't mind paying on other dates, but on the first date no matter how I'll persist to pay for both, or at least to split, I want the other to do it. It's not about the money, it's about the principle if that makes sense.

0|0
    0|1
  • I have offered to share a bill. Usually, my dates settle it. If don't think the date is gonna turn out well, I insist on splitting the bill to totally eliminate any sense of obligation and say my goodbye early.

0|1
    0|0
  • If a guy aks you to go out n eat or whatever then he has to pay because he asking you out on a date XD ( maybe a date ) and just ask him casuallly " oh illpay split" if he says no then no :) simple but ideally he should pay :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Traditionally it's the guy.
    In today's modern world, offering to split should be the first move, though I personally would let the guy pay on the first (and possibly second) date

0|0
    0|0
  • it'd be way too awkward for me, i'd rather just use my own money, same for him, i would probably buy him some extra things if he seems interested for it, besides that, i probably wouldn't go in a restourant anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • Dates can cost a lot of money, especially a concert or sporting event. I will pay my own ticket in this case. If it's just a coffee date or a drink I'll let my date pay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever asks who out should pay, however, at the same time I don't expect it. I always take my debit card just in case.

0|0
    0|1
  • I think that if the girl asks the guy out, she should pay and if the guy asks the girl out, he should pay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Splitig the bill is the best. I wouldn't expect the guy to pay.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I didn't enjoy my time and don't plan on seeing them again, I will cover my own bill.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever asks first pays, after being together for 2+ years then we just pretty much split the bill.

0|0
    0|1
    • i hate when girls say this, when they know and expect men to ask anyway

• Show All
    • @MrNameless But it's not entitlement when you ask that person to go on date with you? It called common courtesy, I would never make someone pay when I asked them to spend time with me.

• @MrNameless Like i said, if it's a problem, you can solve it by not asking for a date. Problem solved.

• If u are the asked then you pay.
    If the askee then they do.

0|0
    0|1
  • Uh, never been on a date where money was involved so no idea

0|0
    0|0
  • Split

0|1
    0|0
  • Me always

0|0