How many days is acceptable to go without speaking to your spouse?

Asking for a friend. Her boyfriend tends to go 2-3 days at a time without contacting her and i feel that’s not normal. How many days is acceptable to go without speaking to your spouse?

1117

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree that it's not normal. I would say maybe a few hours or overnight if there's been a big argument or one person has done something that hurt the other. It might take some time to lick the wounds and gather one's thoughts in order to have a productive discussion. After that, I believe that the issue should be discussed openly and honestly with the goal being to reach a mutually agreeable solution (NOT to prove who was right and who was wrong).

And, if during those few hours, something unrelated comes up that needs to be talked about I would talk with her about that. I think 2-3 days is ridiculous and not healthy for the relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• A boyfriend is not at the same level as your spouse (your marriage partner).

Her boyfriend isn't married to her, is still single in the legal sense, and doesn't owe her anything more than he's willing to give. If she can't handle it, theyre not right for each other.

I wouldn't be okay with it, and after trying to talk to him, if things didn't change, I'd leave.

At least a text each day to let me know what's up. At the VERY least, let me know if you plan to ignore me for a few days for whatever reason.