How do I prove myself to my long distance boyfriend?

I’ve known my guy for a while now. We both started having feelings for each other and really care about each other, but both of us have been cheated on by every person we have dated. We play a video game together and he has accused me of flirting with one of his friends. He swears I was, I wasn’t flirting, and if I was it was a complete accident. I really care about my boyfriend, and he is the only one I care about.. but he said I broke all trust and I need to prove myself to him. How do I do this? I’ve removed any guys from all my lists that I thought would make him doubt me. When any male talks to me, im not going to respond. I don’t want to lose this man. I've even been thinking about moving closer to him. Im completely serious about him.. I need advice on what else I can do to reassure him I would never cheat, and how to prove myself that he can trust me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have been in a distant relationship with my girlfriend for over 4 years (because I wanted to do my study) and we live together now. I'm still surprised how we did this as I never believed in a long-distance relationship before.

What we did was we stayed in contact every day on the phone on WhatsApp, when we went to bed we always skyped or we called through Viber and we talked about our days until we fell asleep. We know exactly what the other was up to (going out with friends, work, party) she always let me know what happens during, or how it went. And i did the same thing. Clingly I know, but we always let each other know we loved each other and the trust was very high. Sure there have been moments where I believed something was not right like lying; We made minor mistakes (not cheating) and we apologized. In the end and we still ended up skyping/ talking on the phone in bed and we never lost the trust. Because if that's gone then there's no reason to stay together.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am not the type to cheat or do anything like that.. this whole situation is a huge misunderstanding.. But he asked for some space and I’m trying my hardest to do that.. but I feel like I’m losing him. :/ I never thought I’d be the type of fall for someone who I’ve never met in person.. but with him I couldn’t control it. I don’t know what to do or how to get him to talk to me again.. and I know I can’t force him to.. but this whole thing is messing with me mentally and psychically..

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Cutting all contact with any male will never help you. You don't need that you ignore all men, you need to show him that you love him. Tell him why you do, what you like about him. It will take time. Tell him also that you have friends and cutting yourself from half of the global population isn't going to be possible and may make you feel miserable. If he loves you and you explain it, he must understand.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well not sure how this is going to sound but you need to grow a pair since all you're doing is panicking at the moment. You don't need to stop all the contact with males, to not talk to them etc. What you simply need to do is reassure him in a serious and calculated manner, ranging from your tone to your expression so I highly suggest doing that in person. But on the other hand, LDR's don't really work to begin with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly he sounds like he's got trust issues you can't shut down your life to make him feel better and also dating though games dont end well (experience here) you dont need to prove anything to him if he really likes you he should trust you not doubt your every move

0|0
    0|0
  • Prove that you can be trusted and also make sure he can too. Never know what kind of guy you're dating

1|0
    0|0
  • You’ll bend over backwards for him? He sounds like a jealous little kid.

0|0
    0|0
    • He and I both have our jealous and trust issues. He truly believes I was flirting with his friend, and his friend had been telling him all this bullshit. I just need help figuring out how to show him I’m not a cheater.

• If neither of you could trust one another and it’s a long distance relationship, your relationship is doomed.
      The best you can do is send him evidence (which you don’t have unless you’re a livestreamer) or have a habit of recording games. In any case, even if you do have evidence, he might claim it’s fake/photoshopped/edited/etc.
      I’m sorry to say this but if you promise to him you’re faithful and he still doesn’t believe you, it’s time to move on. There’s plenty of fish in the sea. There’s no need to destroy your life to keep this one.

• I don’t see it as destroying my life.. or that it’s doomed.. LDR’s do work out..

What Girls Said 4

• Okay, one you shouldn't have to stop talking to guys to prove this. He needs to trust you. But what you can do to make 'prove' yourself is something romantic, to show that you love him, and only him. I'd suggest since you're long distance, like me and my boy, get an empty wine bottle and fill it with little messages for him, telling him how you feel and how you love him and only him. Then send it to him, and telll him that whenever he doubts you or misses you, to take a message from the bottle.

1|0
    0|0
    • I adore this idea. Thank you.

• No worries, just remember; you don't have to prove that you're trustworthy, because you are and it is wrong of him to assume otherwise. Just prove you love him and that is the all you can do. It is impossible to prove that you're trustworthy, but easy to prove that you love him

• You've done everything you can, whats his problem? What more does he want? Don't be lovestruck over him, if he can't trust you still then he's not the one for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not your job to prove yourself to anyone, screw him!

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you’re making a big mistake.

0|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean?

• Show All
    • Yes, we met online. We have known each other for a good while and have talked about meeting up in person soon.

• You shouldn’t have to reassure a guy you’ve never met that you aren't doing anything improper. Some guy on the internet is attempting to control your behavior. Please stop. Think about how ludicrous this is and try to understand, he’s not your boyfriend, you’ve never met, he’s a guy on a computer screen who is telling you to jump and you are asking us, how high should you jump to appease him. Just stop.

Recommended myTakes