Unsure of how to proceed?

I am a 19 year old guy, I don't think I look completely terrible and I don't think that my personality is complete crap, but for extenuating circumstances (involving living in 8 different states among other things) I have never been on a date, or even had any female friends that I have been especially close with. The longer I go without asking anyone out, the more insecure and afraid of rejection I have become. I'm not sure what to do, I've considered trying to ask women I've been friendly with in the past, but I always end up changing my mind at the last second for fear that they will say no and that I'll make our relationship weird. I have no idea how I can change this, but I know for sure that the longer I wait the more I will ultimately doubt and hate myself.
Any advice would help.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• K what you're going to do is ask out the next pretty girl you see. You aren't going to expect that she'll say yes and you dont know her so its not like you lose anything. After that the first one is over. Girls won't hate you if you ask them out. Just try :p you'll get no's and thats okay. It just means you have more experience.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the advice!

• Np! Remember no's are just a few tries away from a yes :)

What Guys Said 2

• Grow a pair of big football sized balls and go out there and just get shit done, because Im sure you are a great guy, I mean you made a hell of a long post because you were worried about it, look the reason you are making friendships with girls is because you want to have a girlfriend right? Then just get out there and get a bit of courage, you never know what might happen, I know you can do this buddy

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the advice!

• Go out there, meet more people. Talk to more girls, and you'll be more comfortable with it. And with time you'll find someone you really like, and can't stop yourself from asking her out. It'll be a time taking process but just remember not to hide or run from stuff. It doesn't work, it never works.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the advice!

Recommended myTakes