Why do people from 18 - 25 think friends are more important than family?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Cause its at this point in peoples live where they are making friends for life, basically a second family they make that become a part of their core group later on in life

0|0
    0|0
    • hmmmmm not really im 25 and a lot of people were basically shit and i regret ditching my sis for them

• Thats cause you have already started growing out of this phase. Im doing that as well, cause I now live with extended family. So im talking to my actual family more

Most Helpful Girl

• My friends have become more of a family to me than my own family at points. I am able to talk to my friends about my worries, get advice from them and know that they chose me to be around.
    With my family I am only close to my siblings and grandparents but I couldn't talk to them about dating, sex or my problems.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Because my friends have done more for me, in the most important years of my life, than my family has. I guess I drew the short straw with family haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably because they are still experimenting with being out of the nest.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because the see their family every day, but don't always get to see their friends

0|0
    0|0
  • They're still at the house and they take their family for granted. They'll grow out of it

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they haven't gone through bad things to see who actually cares about them

0|0
    0|0
  • Social media.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never did. Family comes first.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • My family and I are kind of estranged right now. A lot of them live elsewhere, and most of them were Trump supporters. I'm not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Friends (good ones) become extended family. I think both are very important

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m 19 and fam always come first. I was friends with this girl all through school then she got smart with my mother so I beat that ass up and down the street. Fam first always.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes