Boyfriend updated his tinder 8 months ago. I still struggle to trust him?

We have been together for about 16 months now. About 8 months ago, my boyfriend updated his tinder profile (new pics and bio). I️ found out about it, and at first he lied to me. He told me he didn’t know what i was talking about and he didn’t know how the pictures updated. This denial went on for a few days.

Then he told me the truth. That he updated his profile, then he deleted the app off of his phone. He didn’t swipe anyone on I️t.

After constant arguing over I️t. He finally deleted his profile and his app.

However. I am still deeply hurt by this. I️ don’t know why he updated I️t. But, I️t made me feel so jealous and angered. I felt so stupid and betrayed. I️ also hate that he lied to me. Now, I️ am always questioning his motives.

He told me “I️ didn’t tell you the truth at first because you’ve always had bad reactions to things.”

12