Why is this CRUEL?

My boyfriend is in the Marines. He wants to marry me but I don’t want to get married. I want to focus on my career but he wants to start a family. He dropped hints about proposing soon so I started panicking. I told him I will propose to him soon, in my uniform and make it all nice and official. Proper. He agreed. I wanted to propose to him so I can control when I want to get married. But in actual fact, I don’t ever want to get married. So when he asks me when I’m popping the question, I always tell him “soon”. Besides, he can’t even possibly support a damn family on sergeant wage. But what’s wrong with this? My friends are telling me I’m wrong! I don’t want him to pop the question in public with his dress uniform, cause he told me he is getting married in it! It’s extremely embarrassing!

//I’m asking for a female friend of mine. This isn’t asked for myself.//

14

Most Helpful Girl

• Be honest with the man - why would you lead him on?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well if she never wants to be married tell her to tell him that so they are on the same page. He deserves the truth and respect. The longer she waits she is wasting her time and his! Tell her to tell him that she never wants to be married.