Do you think its more difficult to date now that most people are constantly on their phones?

Im curious if your experience is similar to mine and what you think about this. I don’t use my phone while I’m waking at all. I look around and observe things. I walk around campus at my school and I’ll see a cute girl but she doesn’t notice me because she’s looking at her phone. This happens several times a day. In order for me to approach a girl I need some kind of eye contact before hand as assurance. However, now it seems like hardly any girls notice me because they are in their own world.

Im just wondering do you experience similar things? Do you think phone usage is impacting your dating life?

All responses are appreciated, thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Due to the advancement of technology its now really hard to know ones sincerity coz most courtship done online haha lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah definitely. I think it puts people like me at a disadvantage because I would never do online dating.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think dating has always gotten hard every time we introduce a new distraction, maybe even when books where invented some people would rather read than socialize

0|1
    0|0
    • That’s a really interesting take on it. I never thought about that. So do you believe it’s worse now than ever?

• Yeah I would say so, I'm think about it this way in the 90's in order to ghost someone you had to leave town or move to a different state, now all you have to do is just not reply to your text. So people get hurt a lot more quickly and are more guarded about who they give there feelings too

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• Yes. It's because now adays there is a lack of actual social interaction

0|1
    0|0
  • This answer is complicated but It's probably not what you think

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the response. What do you think the answer is?

• It's Not harder it's just different

• People do it to be antisocial in the first place. Makes it easier to find real people to connect to.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes