Is he just telling me what I want to hear?

Long story short, amazing weekend, I’m initiating texts but he always responds right away, after four days of nothing, i tell him this kinda sucks, guy says he will try to text more because I’m special and he isn’t letting me go that easy. Proceeds not to text for the next three days. Wtf?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Could be he just does not have imagination to think of things to say. It is a lot easier to answer questions than to ask them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him how you're feeling, and also ask if he's busy and under stress. You don't want to leap down his throat if he is doing his best, but if he's not he might not be worth it

• Because we already texted so little, I texted him basically trying to get him to tell me if I was a booty call and he literally was like “I had a lot of fun and I know you want me to say it was a hoax and that I didn’t have fun and that you are a booty call so you could write me off and forget about me/hate me, but I’m telling the truth. I wanted to see you and hang out with you, and that’s the Only reason.” We both drove four hours to meet halfway to see each other for a weekend after six months of sparse contact. Then he says he has a lot of friend she doesn’t text as much as he texts me, and that he understands him not texting makes it seem like just a booty call so he says he’ll change and he’ll try to text me more. “Cause you’re really special and I’m not letting you go that easy.” Still no word.

• So at this point, should I just wait and see if he’s ever gonna text me or just give up? Cause it’s true, he’s far away. I don’t want to initiate anymore cause I’ll come off desperate, especially when he never I initiates any texts. Even after I brought it to his attention.

• I'd say wait, but still text him a little. If he really is very busy, he could be quite hurt and think that you don't care any more. But don't text more than once a day. And if he continues to not respond, tell him to either step it up, or step out. But make sure not to say it accusingly. Like say "this hurts me"- tell him how it makes you feel, because that's not something he can argue with, and it is something that will get through to him if he does care. But definitely give him a chance, and find out if he does have an excuse.