What does his behaviour mean? and why?

I used to date with that guy during 2 months. He always gave compliments and even said I'm his soulmate and he wants serious relationship with me. We used to go to cafes mainly for drinks and sometimes to restaurants. He used to pay for me stating he is a real gentleman. Despite I suggested to pay myself. During our last meeting at the coffee place he said that he doesn't have money on his account temporarily (he has a well-paid job) until his next salary which will be in 2 days. And he paid for my coffee that day. I don't know why didn't I suggest to pay for it knowing his situation, maybe I was just careless. But if he for example asked me to pay, I would definitely pay for the coffee myself. Also that day I told him that due to studies we could not go to the movies (as we planned), but I explained that I need to do lots of homework that evening for the next day. And it was totally true, I had to cancel it kind of unexpectedly even for myself. So next days he was not so talkative and short in his replies. and I felt he behaves kind of distant. And then in a couple of days he said he was going out (just 1 sentence) and later I asked him why was he so different after our last meeting. And he stated that he was angry with me that I didn't pay for the coffee and I cancelled our going to movies. I tried to convince him that I didn't do it intentionally but I guess he didn't mind, and continued behaving distant. so all that romance was gone. What do you guys think of his behaviour? I don't get it... I'm an open person and I told him even I'm sorry I was so careless about not paying that day.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Immaturity, and insecurity.

He placed an expectation on you without ever giving you a chance to pass, then gets immature about it, throws a tantrum by acting distant on purpose because he probably feels insecure about why you never showed that you cared by paying for the coffee and then cancelling the movie because he probably thought you didn't want to pay for it too or something.

You're not at fault. He is a man, and if he had a problem he should have just came forward with it first.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much for your opinion! I agree with you that he placed some specific expectations on me without ever giving me a chance to pass... I did what I could, even apologized for my actions in regards to not paying and cancelling the movies that day because of studies. I need to stop regretting about it, cause I liked him during those 2 months. Then it's his loss... in the end.

• Exactly. Keep at it. Someone will come along.

• You weren't being careless at all I know what this is cuz I've done it myself. This is what you do when you want someone to feel guilty even though they did nothing wrong. He's just mad that you didn't fit his expectations no matter how small they were, you weren't careless he just doesn't know what to communicate what he wants. Plus if he has a well paid job and he has no money in his account that means he's financially unstable and tends to waist all his money. The fact that he won't let you pay just seems like he's stuck in chivalry times when these days it's easy to understand that women are independent. If he can't understand you have something to do that's more important than watching pictures on a screen for two hours not even talking to each other, then he's not ready for a real relationship. If this happened because of a coffee and cancelled plans it's a real sign of immaturity. And I'm only 19, guess it's true some men just never grow out of immaturity you deserve better.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much for your honest opinion! you have a thoughtful outlook on life given your age! and that guy is 35... I did what I could, even apologized for my actions in regards to not paying and cancelling the movies. I need to stop regretting about it, cause I liked him during those 2 months. Then it's his loss... in the end.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes