Am I wrong for wanting this?

I just wish my boyfriend was more romantic. Like I know they usually say guys aren’t as romantic as girls... but I know guys who are. He’s a very simple guy & that’s okay, I just wished the things I did for him he did for me. Surprise cards just with something I wrote saying how much I appreciate him with a flower & his favorite candy after he gets off of work. Little notes I always write him, or just baking him something he likes & giving it to him after work nice & wrapped. I don't know those little notes & cards mean something to me. Just hhow I love the idea of a surprise date. And his response was “does it really have to be a surprise” so I just simply said no it’s okay, he takes offense to a lot so if I when I told him can we do this more romantically he got upset and when I told him I want to have a really special day I said something so simple get rose pedals around the house, he loves candles I said light candles do it romantically he just really didn’t catch on to it. But what he did do that I appreciated was slow dance with me, I just wish I could get stuff like that more often. I don't know little things count to me not materials... am I wrong?

312

Most Helpful Guy

• You're wrong to expect them, yes. You're not wrong to desire them, however.
    Here's the thing; guys are socialized show their appreciation in substantial ways, not in the little things. How does your wife know you love her? You support her. You protect her, make sure she's safe and warm and fed, even if you are none of these things. You give her a haven, and go out and bring home the bacon. THAT is how you show your love, with sacrifice.