He's sending mixed signals and is ridiculously ambiguous, please tell me if there's hope or not?

I've been talking to this guy that originally said he saw me only as a friend. (I was married at the time) I have been operating on that and respecting his boundaries even though I really like him. Recently he's been revealing more about himself when he's abnormally gaurded with everyone else.

He knows I don't like presents, but gave me a bunch anyway. He's including me in many facets of his life, like work problems, gym, and sending pics of his family. We talk literally everyday, even if it's only a few texts, since we're in different time zones. He sends selfies that seem a bit flirty and tries to cheer me up when I'm down.

We've never met irl, but have plans to soon. I'm wondering what I should expect because I can not read him on this. Do guys normally send a bunch of presents to a female friend and include her children? Ugh, confusion.

01