What should I do? I told this guy that I cooked for him? Its no where near ready?

I really want to see him but his food isn't ready lol. Would it be a good idea if I told him I didn't think he was coming so I gave it away. Which technically I don't think he was until I told him I had got him some food.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Damn, odd question.

My take for this is always be true about what's going on. If you were trying to cook the perfect meal but when he arrived your goals were somewhere in the middle, don't panic.

First, we are all human, and showing our human - limited side with some sense of humour and acceptance about our limitations, is much much better than trying to look for an elaborated lie. If you like a person it is very wise to show yourself including (specially) your limitations and your human side. Pretending to be perfect (according usually to some self-inducted notion of what you should be) is a common mistake for seduction. Actually it is better to show self confidence rather than showing your clumsy side and trying to excuse it with a shameful performance. Self confidence is sexy, so if food is not ready or, overmore, food sucks, try to have a laugh with him regarding this matter.

Second and much less importantly, but yet as a cooking lover myself I find it is worth to mention. There's a lot of attraction and conversation over cooking, so if you haven't finished, it is fun and sexy to cook with your target as part of the seduction game. So probably it is not a bad idea to have your recipe half finished, in order to motivate him into helping you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you lie and he later finds out, he will have less trust in you. Plus you will get into the habit of lying often which will just make it easier for you to get caught. The best relationships need trust.

So don’t be so quick to lie

0|0
    0|0
  • Can you just change past tense to present tense? You could have mistakenly said “I cooked for you” when you meant “I am cooking for you”.

That sounds less weird than saying that you gave away the food that you cooked for him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him it isn't ready! Being honest is the best and he will understand! He could come over and you can talk while it cooks! Or watch a movie, listen to music, whatever!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, he won't mind.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell him the truth. You are making a spectacle out of nothing.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes