Disney date? Would most guys do it for a girl they liked or loved?

Would most guys take a girl on a date to a theme park (those who live within a few hours away of one? I was just at Disney today with my mom and I saw a few couples, I instantly felt jealous and longed for my boyfriend to do that with. Also, is it a problem if she gets major anxiety around thrill rides like coasters and if he likes those attractions? Would he try to force me on if I ever get a bf?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The wording threw me off but I think It would be great, even If I didn't enjoy all of. If the woman was having fun chances are I would be. If he tried to force you a ride I would just get away from him, one way or another. Trying to convince you through talking us fine, but if you decide no. He has to respect that... I live across the country. But still, it should be considered special and an opportunity to do things you can't usually do.

0|0
    0|0
    • Would you have fun? Yeah, my friends literally dragged/ roughly carried me into a ride I was terrified of on a field trip. I am traumatized from that. Anyways, you care about her fun and in turn means you had fun? I'm not used to hearing that.

• Show All
    • I don't know how that would happen. There's always something to worry about.

• I know. But that's where I'd feel like I can help. Like, yeah you could stress at first but if the guy had it all planned and all you had to do was have fun. Eventually you would de-stress yeah, it probably take effort for the guy to not get frustrated at times. But I think it's totally worth seeing her happy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• A boyfriend should only take you on a date that includes things you like, and boyfriends generally wouldn't force you to ride a ride with them if they know you don't really want to. Here's how I handled it with a girlfriend who was too scared- I rode with a family member or friend of hers.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, if that's what makes her happy. Though to be fair, I would probably want to go on at least one roller coaster because I do love them and while I would not make her go on one, it would be nice if she did. Also theme parks are expensive so I would like to get my money's worth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Okay, couple of things. Mostly, it depends on the girl in question. I myself enjoy a theme park. But if she doesn't, then the whole trip is a waste. And that's a LOT of money and time, too. But if she's into it, I'm all for it.
    Second, you raise the question about coercive behavior. That depends on the guy, obviously. There are guys who do that. Most do not. Hopefully, you'll pick your future boyfriend with more discernment; that sort of thing bleeds over into other areas, as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahahaha. Disney is awesome! I’m there every other day with my kids (3,5&7)... so I love it. Maybe I’m just too busy to notice, but I’m single and don’t see all the couples.. oh, I know they are there... but don’t get hung up on it.. My girl will find me..

Your guy will find you...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, but if she doesn't like rides what would the point be?

0|1
    0|0
    • Walking around, food, the view, the history and right to say my boyfriend took me to a theme park for a date? Many things

• I go on rides, just not the thrilling ones.

• Well maybe? I'm afriad of heights so I'm not to thrilled to ride rollercoasters but there are other rides we can try out instead. I have never been at Disneyland so I wouldn't mind taking my partner there:)

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn´t go there for the first date but when we are already a couple I would love to take her to disney. Even I hate coasters and stuff cause I always get sick of it... but she would be worth it so, ye I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • I took my wife to an amusement park with my sister and bro-in-law. My ex wife didn't do roller coasters as my sister didn't either. They waited for us.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love theme parks, so its one of the first places i go to for a date. It gives a lot of time to talk while waiting and if it doesn't work out at least you had a day out at a theme park.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with it, that shit is expensive though and if you live near the Orlando Disney he's probably broke like everyone else in Florida

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I did that in October. It makes it a lot more enjoyable

0|0
    0|0
    • Lucky. I wish I had a boyfriend who would do that for me (and a boyfriend in general) it just makes me me feel sad when I see how lonely I am compared to everyone else.

• Too shy or something?

• Boys usually don't like those kind of cheesy stuff. He would be happy if you don't force him.

0|0
    0|0
    • I would never force anybody, I don't want to feel like an inconvenience even if I have to sacrifice my own happiness.

• Show All
    • Not even in the sense of the happy versions? I personally don't believe in happily ever after but pretending could be fun or cute.

• Pretending is not good i guess. Fight or beat the fuck out of each other but be with that person. That's the most beautiful thing than pretending to be happy.

• First off, I live 2 streets down from Disneyland and have to start off by saying I HATE IT WITH A PASSION. However, i have and will continue to go there if thats what she wants to do. As far as the anxiety goes, its mental, but i understand, its a real issue. From a guys standpoint, if my girl is scared/nervous Im going to try to be reassuring, supportive, NOT telling her that she is making it unfun. I've played that role before and honestly it was pretty great. Whats not tk like about A girl that i liked was begging me to hold her because i made her feel more secure, squezzing me, and doing all that gay shit couples do

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why not, sounds fun. I wouldn't force her to take a ride if she doesn't want to

0|0
    0|0
    • You wouldn't? Even if you wanted to ride it? I'm fine with friends or fam I've went with going while I hold bags or shop, but I still get made fun of for not being able to handle the intense shit. Like it's getting worse with age, I used to be fine on Pirates but either they made the drop bigger or I'm getting worse because when I was little I loved it but now I can't stand the drop, such a shame the rest of the ride is a classic.

• Show All
    • I would feel guilty about him giving up doing something he'd want to do because I can't do it.

• If you're fine with him doing roller coasters allone he won't be mad, at least I wouldn't be

• I think it would be a good date sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • I definitely would

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh I've done that and much more

0|0
    0|0
    • You have? Which park?

• Show All
    • You are a little chicken hearted for my taste. No UpVotes and then you're worried about your privacy like I'm going to fly to North FL looking for a girl that has no picture up. Please"

• I'm not saying that YOU would, but maybe someone seeing this thread will.

• Yes I would do anything for the one I like

0|0
    0|0
    • Really? I find that hard to believe that. I don't have much luck with guys

• Show All
    • And how would that be cost wise? I would feel super guilty if he paid for my tickets and our hotel room completely.

• I wouldn’t care about paying money is just a material object memory is a thing that you never lose unless you have amnesia

• I'd never do it, especially if she gets anxiety.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes