What's the appeal in female weakness?

114

Most Helpful Guy

• It can often make a man be useful to her, which in turn allows him to be the role of protector.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Guys Said 13

• Because of biology for one. See a woman that looks like she needs help triggers the protective instinct in men, that's actually why women have more neotenous traits (traits held over from childhood into adult hood like more tear ducts, thinner skin (by 25%) which is also why it feels softer, less body hair, less pronounced bone structure in the face etc.) then men do. This triggers a response in men to protect them as these traits are reminiscent of children whom we have a natural and vested interest in protecting (this is also why we find other things cute as they have characteristics that remind us of our own young and so by extension trigger a similar response (like having big eyes, or disproportionate body (like puppies have too big of paws and heads and eyes and yet we find them adorable)). Now the reason why we have a natural response to respond this way to women is because women are more invested in reproduction then men, this means they are the ones that dictate the speed of reproduction and because our children are slow to mature (weeks to a couple of years for most species, decades for ours) it means a much longer dependency period. Now because pregnancy is nine months, breastfeeding lasts (traditionally) a few years, that means that the woman is both vital for the childs survival after birth but also during the entire process she is in danger. She begins to lose her mobility to an extent which means she cannot range as far for food, she cannot escape predators as easily, she cannot defend herself as easily all while needing significantly more food and resources since she is pregnant/caring for a child. So women who triggered the protective instinct in men where more likely to have men stick around and provide aid thus ensuring their survival, men who where prone to feel this way about women where more likely to have their offspring survive. So biologically men are predisposed to wanting a woman who needs them because it increased survival for the mother, for the child and increased reproductive chances in the man. In fact its to the point that men now need to be needed, its what gives us purpose so if a woman doesn't need us its like telling a man that he has no reason to exist. All people need to have purpose and need to be needed, but men are so built for certain roles that this tends to be expressed in wanting a woman who needs them for those roles i. e. protector and provider. I would not necessarily say this is a weakness.

• I hate men but this kinds makes me feel for them if it's true.

• @Sucram Of course, I was reffering to needlessly or trying to act like a man, obviously a woman should protect her offspring, she is the second line of defence. I think your trying to read into what I am saying far to much. Yes their are circumstances where she should fight, if she is being harmed or some one is trying to rape her or harm her child, yes she should fight. Never suggested otherwise, I just thought that was a given. What I am saying is a woman should not go out of her way and try to act like a man, to try and fight to "save face" or what have you. That is not very appealing, as far as I know most men do not find it particularly appealing.

• @azzntittiz Nobody wants that kind of woman. In fact the idea is so preposterous that I didn't even think I needed to mention it because it was just a given that she should protect her children. What I am saying (again) is that she should not try to act like a man, a man and their children really, do not need another man, they have that, what they need is a woman and she should act like a woman, and be a woman not a pseudo man.

• I believe it's the fact that guys are born as protectors and girls are care takers. Tho I believe there's some females that find male weakness to be endearing. like when a guy sheds a tear or admits fault. Than again if I knew how women think I wouldn't be single. haha.

• The same way a woman likes to feel beautiful is the same way a man likes to feel useful. We just like to hear you say I can't do this so we can do it for you and see that look of pride in your eyes.
    It's not weakness, it's an advantage to you.
    A woman who can do everything scares us.

• Guys like feeling important and useful.
    If a girl can do everything for himself, the guy feels unneeded. If she lets him spoil her, however, it's great.

Just weird psychology.
    Guys are just weird.

• There is none. To me anyway, I understand why it could be appealing. Evolutionary, men are meant to physically protect women, if a woman is stronger then him it may make home feel inferior, or the opposite. If she is weaker he feels validation in his masculinity

• There is no appeal, we want females who got their **** together. But who isn't statisfied in helping someone you like/care for? Weakness in a positive way could be more a sign of youth and cuteness as the older you get the more experienced and strong you get.

• Humility. If some is willing to admit there weaknesses the I can respect them more because people don't often do that

• The idea of having the possibility to control another most likely due to us having to live under the control of others in order to thrive

• Is this a fucking question?

• There is no appeal, neediness is not attractive.

• Hmmm

• There's no appeal in it

• None. Only female dumbness.

What Girls Said 1