Having feelings for a boy, while being in a relationship with another guy?

I don't know what to feel now... I have been in a relationship with a man for 6 months now... but from several weeks, one of the boys who is my friend, makes me somehow not feel indifferent to him... I crave for his attention, for him to look at me... but when I get back home to my boyfriend, I love him as much as before... on one hand, I love my boyfriend very much, on the other hand, the little not so friendly feeling for the other boy makes me feel confused... what to do? Do I give myself more time to see where the feelings will lead me?Having feelings for a boy, while being in a relationship with another guy...??

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• This is why I don't like monogamy. Listen you are human. To think that once you date one person you will have no attraction to others is ridiculous. It's not like you say "I do" then everyobe else just looks unsexy. You will like other people, same as him. I encourage open communication about that reality. Don't get mad at yourself for liking people

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• Don't be confused! It's because humans aren't biologically monogamous, but society thinks they are. Deep connection, romantic/flirting/butterfly feelings, and sexual energy are all different parts of the brain that work independently of one another.

Dating more people in your life is a good thing! Keep trying to find someone that never lets you lose interest. I was in the same boat as you are, so I get the feels here. I wish the best for all three of you!

1|2
    0|0
    • Thank you... really... I'm trying to think of myself as not a bad person for liking someone... I hope for you things has settled fine

• No it's not a bad thing. It's a learning experience. We all set biologically impossible standards in relationships then have to face reality later. My ex of 5 years is still my best friend. Don't miss out on life, you gotta follow the exciting things!

• Just don't cheat.

• You dont love your boyfriend neither you don't love your friend, Love is simple, it's one to one, if you realy love some one, you never have any feeling about anyone else, if you realy love a second person, you don't stay to the recent one, i recommend you leave both of them and don't play with their emotions unwanted.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's natural... You feel a true love with your boyfriend, but the thing you have with the other guy brings you something else. It makes you feel wanted, it's exciting because it's forbidden, you retrieve the joy of chasing and being chased. Give yourself time to yourself and your feelings

0|0
    0|0
  • It's very normal. You aren't bad or weird. Don't listen to people who will put you down for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • That is how some men feel. But you women call it cheating. What do you call it, when you are in the position. When you all do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to figure yourself out

1|1
    0|0
  • you're cheating

0|1
    1|2
    • I'm not cheating... just my mind is wandering around... I haven't done even one single thing that can really be considered cheating

• Show All
    • Thank you 👍 opened my eyes

• you're welcome. wish you last long relationship !

• Decide who you want to be with

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It's not worth losing what you have with your boyfriend with someone else.

1|1
    0|0
    • its even dumb to think about leaving him for a... boy?

• That's the problem... I start to doubt that I really love him as much as before when I meet the other... and whatever choice I make, I'll feel guilty... because on one hand I will lost someone very precious who loves me much and I love him but on other hand what if later I feel like he's not for me but I'm with him and then will be feeling bad because my life will be miserable...

• you know what?
      just stick with what makes you happy because you know whats the chance of that boy being better and more awesome than your man? really low

• You're 20 years old. It would be unnatural to expect you not to be attracted to anyone else other than your boyfriend. Do what you have to do and enjoy your life!

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes