Do Long distance relationships work?

• Yes
  • No (why?)

932

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course it can work.

Everything is in the hand of the parties. It's all dependable on the individuals and how they handle the relation. There is obviously a difference between a physical relationship and long distant relationship. However; when you look at it deeply; the difference aren't that massive at all.

In order to successfully establish a relationship; there are certain elements required. Such as: True love; Respect; Trust; Honesty; Unity and Integrity; Mutual Communication; Mutual Understanding and Mutual Agreement. It doesn't matter if your relationship is physical or distant. These elements and many others are required to make it work.

Furthermore; many people imply the lying factor. It's invalid. Of course the percentage of getting coned or lied to is higher when the relation stands long distant but do we really think people aren't getting coned and lied to while interacting physically? False. We are seeing it everyday. People get told lies right in front of their face right in a physical date and communication and even physically get used for sex or money and they can't even understand it. So getting lied to or being faked is not up to distant or physical. You just must always be careful to hang around the right people and watch your six.

Moreover; patience is an element that is required for any relationship. Relationship requires Patience; Dedication; Loyalty; Time and Effort to make it work and keep it flowing. In a distant relationship; it takes more of these appointed elements. More of each.

I'm not surprised that majority voted for (No) so far. I would not personally recommend this sort of relationship to anyone because the truth is majority can't handle it. People nowadays can't even handle their physical relationships leave alone distant. Relationship makes a lot of work and distant makes even more. Also; for a generation that is too depended on sexual relationships. Distant is really difficult to handle. But at the end; it's dependable. And majorly it's more dependable on the man. If both parties contribute and participate by heart and put effort with willingness and the feelings be actually truly real. It can work. If not; it won't work.

I am getting married in January 2018 with my Finnish and only girlfriend which i have been in a long distant relationship with since 2012.

Good Luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• At your age? It doesn't really happen that long distance relationship last long but I'm in one and I know it's possible. Sometimes it's hard not to have them around just to hug, kiss and feel their heat close to you. It's doable, if you really love them and want to stay together it can last. You just have to know that the relationship will become more fragile because jealous will get the best of both of you sometimes. They didn't reply your text but they posted something snapchat etc (sounds stupid but I've heard people say that)...