Why do girls make guys wait for sex when they have sex with other guys on the first date?

• Don't know, makes no sense
    Vote A
  • Because they want it to be special even though it's not going to be anyway
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dunno, most likely just testing him to see if all he wants is sex. Some guys they don't care about getting humped and dumped by, other guys they wanna hold on to.
    I think it's kinda stupid but that's probably along the lines of what they're thinking when they do that.

1|1
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know, makes no sense. Then they act like the guy should be fine with waiting even though she slept with other guys the same night as meeting them.

I asked a similar question and most women voted that it made sense to make boyfriends wait but not nonboyfriends.

Why do some girls make boyfriends wait for sex, but don't make non boyfriends wait? β†—

1|2
    0|0
    • There was a post a while back on GAG about a guy who waited two years with his girlfriend and she cheated on him one night with a guy drunk. I told him to dump her immediately. He did it, I am proud of him.

• Show All
    • Yes, i was just about to write that, i looked it up and i realized the oldest story i could find had no link to the study and i looked at the url and noticed the same thing, all other articles didn't provide a source either

• And it claimed to use fruit flies which I found odd, i figured it would be very difficult to study each fly you'd think they would use something easier to work with and more similar to humans.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Lol fixed poll >.>
    I only sleep with people i'm in a relationship so i'd make any guy wait, and if he's interested he will.
    If not then bye bye :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Sorry just needed to point out that your options in the poll are quite biased.

As for me, i feel that not every girl hooks up on their first date. It depends on their individual preference and confidence probably. As for the girls who prefer to make guys wait, they might like to make themselves seem harder to get. Afterall , girls love the chase lol. It would be more meaningful if they let someone they treasure more than a casual hook up wait for a while.

4|1
    0|0
  • I had sex with a guy I barely cared about on the third date, and then I had sex with a guy I really liked on the second date. I'll tell you, after my experiences, I'm going to wait from now on when I really like the guy. The fact that we had sex made it even more upsetting when I found out he didn't feel the same. We've been friends for years and now I can barely be in the same room as him. I wish I hadn't done it.

3|1
    0|0
  • As a woman, I think its because most women want to make the guy they like wait longer because they want to make sure he cares enough to stick around. I personally don't have sex with anyone on the first date as I'm looking for a deep connection with someone. I dated my ex for 4 months and we never had sex, partly because we never got the chance but mostly because the signals he was sending me lead me to believe that sex was all he cared about (he would touch me when i wasn't comfortable, try to french me every time we kissed etc.) I wanted to make him wait to make sure that I wouldn't regret anything, and in the end he chose to break up with me on my birthday so I'd say i made the right choice. To me that just proves that my suspicion was right and he was only dating me to lose his virginity and when i didn't give in he decided to stop putting in effort and ruin my birthday because somehow in his sick fucked up mind he viewed it as a punishment to me for not giving him what he wanted.

4|1
    0|1
    • let go, girl. It's not worth holding onto those feelings and getting upset. You might still feel hurt years after the fact BECAUSE you never let go. The guy literally wants you to think about it for a long time and ruin your happiness. The best and most mature thing to do is let it go, trust me. You'll also stick it to him by moving on.
      I saw an ex many years after we broke up and she really hurt me, a hurt that disgusts me today. The way she is, she never apologized for cheating on me and treating me like a toy during a time when I was only a few months clean from meth. I don't believe she had any remorse. Anyways, I ran into her and during our conversation, her accolades after all these years was how she was sick of all the fuckboys & settled on a 30yr old, got married, etc etc. There I was, stating how I beat my addiction, kept with my passion, & turned it into a business. I've grown so massively and she never got the satisfaction. I will continue to grow uninhibited by her memory.

• Show All
    • Yes, to be fair i lost much of my interest and respect for him when he began touching me when i told him I was uncomfortable, i was getting close to breaking up with him myself but i never imagined he would do that on my birthday, that was low and it was the last straw. Now he keeps looking at all my posts on social media and it's creepy, i simply wished him luck and moved on.

• block the fool. That's what I'd do. The people you let into your life are influences on your character and that dude is a ghost coming back to haunt you. Life is too precious to be wasting energy on dead-end people even if its a minimal amount

• When it's a guy you actually care about, you want to make sure he's not in it for just the sex and actually cares about you. So you "make him wait" to make sure you're both on the same page emotionally.
    If it's not a guy you particularly give a shit about, but you also want to get your juices flowing a bit, you just get it over with.
    I personally have never had sex on a first date, but I had only ever been on two before I met my current boyfriend, who I've been with for 7 years, so clearly no first dates in that time period.
    We waited about... 4 months or so before having sex for the first time. He was a virgin at the time and wanted it to be special, and I... I was a virgin by name only. So he wanted it to be extra special for us both.

3|1
    0|1
  • Maybe because they really like the guy and don't want them to lose interest or think that she's easy... I don't know

2|1
    0|0
  • On the first date?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ What kinda girls are u talking to? that should be a red flag. sex on the first date isn't even enough time to know the person's name. no no don't have sex on first date

0|1
    0|0
  • i would not have sex quickly BUT id most likely a lot longer to do anything with someone i REALLY like bc i really like him. i want to savor it bc it means something.

I don't know why all these answers are as if sex is something women GIVE and dont want themselves.

if im not having sex im not making HIM wait. IM waiting bc i want to.

its easier to do physical things if thats all ti is. when you like a person its harder--or easier depending on how natural you guys are. but often things are tense with the very people you want it to be smooth with. but meanwhile people like being touched.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have sex until I am waiting for right guy. I am dating a guy now. I don't have sex with other guys I dislike.

0|1
    0|0
  • Manipulation

0|3
    0|0
  • They don't want to look easy.

0|1
    0|0
  • they want sex from some, from others they dont

0|1
    0|0
  • cause they dumb af and might be cheaters

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't do that lol

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Do you think girls are obligated to treat every guy the same way?

2|1
    0|0
  • That's why I wouldn't date a girl who slept with someone right away. Her being easy is already a turnoff but even more so, if she has been easy with someone else, no reason she can't be easy with me.

The only way I'd sleep with someone on a first date was if I knew the woman very well even before a date, especially if we had been friends for long before it and had some growing sexual tension.

0|1
    0|0
  • It comes down to two things:

1. Does she want an actual relationship, or just sex?
    2. Do you make her giny tingle, or not?

2|2
    0|0
  • Because they're hypocrites. Guys are very bad about this too. Many of us won't date a woman who allowed us to fuck her, whereas women won't fuck a man who allowed her to date him. It's almost as if men instinctually want sex and women want access to resources. Hmm?

0|1
    0|0
  • Because. Women do not just give it to a man, unless they are feeling for him, in some kind of way. Like she really like or starting to gave deep feeling for him. Women are way different in that department, then men. We do it for the thrill. They do it for the seriousness.

0|1
    0|0
    • Women do not want to look at as just a booty call or a sex thing or object.

• Because of their retardedness. Once you lose your virginity, sex can't be special no matter how long you wait for it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they want it to be special even though it's not going to be anyway. Many think that there should be different standards based upon love vs lust. I think it is hogwash and some guys get really offended when they find out.

0|1
    0|0
    • "Just not making a guy wait three months when she's had one night stands and banged other guys on the first date and then think he's supposed to be ok with waiting" CT_CD
      Makes sense when he says it

• Show All
    • think of it this way. She plays with her toys and takes care of those that matter most

• @Streak
      personally, i don't differentiate between a woman i would fuck and one i would date.

• If she has you pegged as boyfriend material she might hold off.

For me, three dates MAXIMUM. If we haven't had sex by then I sack it off.

0|1
    0|0
  • test

0|1
    0|0
  • I donlt about you, I make the girls wait.

0|1
    0|0
  • Stupidity

0|1
    0|0
  • insurance

0|1
    0|0
  • Don't know, makes no sense

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they don't want to.