Would you date someone who was 100 lbs overweight if they were also smart, funny, well-dressed, had a good job, and shared your values and interests?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated women who were 10-20 pounds overweight and didn't have a problem with that. I was attracted to them and had a physical relationship with some of them.

However, I can't imagine finding myself attracted to a woman who is 100 lbs overweight. If I am not attracted, why date her? Wouldn't that be deceiving her?

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• If I was attracted to them, and there was chemistry then yes why not. If it was something that really bothered me I would maybe bring up getting healthier together no harm in trying to approve together

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I couldn't. To me a relationship is both about emotional attraction and physical attraction, and I am not physically attracted to really overweight women. But, everyone has their own interests and I think there is someone out there that feels differently than I do.

1|0
    0|0
    • This is true, and before I got this age I wouldn't have considered it either. There's a LouisCK routine about how the older you get, the more willing you are to date people you'd never look at twice in your twenties and that's so very true. At this point, if a guy has a nice personality, is educated and all the stuff I mentioned above, it's like finding a diamond in a haystack. Dating over 40 is scary! (I'm not really 39 but the site won't let me change my age. I said '39' instead of '29' like so many people do.)

• Probably not cause we wouldn't be sharing the most important value and interests, which is being active and keeping fit/healthy

Well dressed. She can only look soo good on the outside if she doesn't feel as good on the inside

Smart, good job well dressed means not much if those interests aren't aligned enough lol

1|0
    0|0
  • ... depends?
    if you really like that person maybe you can ask to work out together as you date?
    character>physique
    but usually physique show someone character?
    something like you're overweight you're probably lazy.
    Your face looks stern = probably he/she angry a lot
    it's just what common people think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope.
    I like the full package tho... Including the appearance !
    It is the first thing that attracts me to her.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks. I'm met a guy online and he is amazing, but he's just very overweight. Even his photos are somewhat attractive, though. He's so well-dressed and carries himself well and has an amazing smile. I'm waffling.

• Show All
    • See, I know so many people who are overweight and already struggling, and having a date make comments even in a "helpful" way makes them feel so bad. They know they're fat. They know what they need to do. For whatever reason, they haven't made the decision to make those changes. I include myself in this category, obviously, though I'm not 100 lbs over.

We're supposed to meet for the first time this weekend. I'll see how it goes.

• I know what you mean.
      Then you go out with him and make your own conclusion after a while ! maybe it will be great for both of you.
      Good luck Ma'am.

• Hold up...100 pounds? are you petite or something?
    I know the standard now is that it doesn't matter if the guy is fat... it only matters if the woman is.
    The way i see it... both mothafuckas can lose weight. and YOU darling, can gain some.

0|0
    0|0
    • She said 100 lbs OVERWEIGHT, not 100 lbs total weight.

• @zagor i know what she said... thats why i said they can lose weight and she can gain some. but i see your point. I wasn't specific enough.

• 100 lbs. is a lot of weight. Yes I'd date her with the understanding that "BOTH of us need to lose weight. I would work with her everyday to lose some weight. This isn't all about the weight, its about being healthy and living long.

1|0
    0|0
  • 100 pounds gets difficult but, I've seen enough women who, when I look into their eyes, everything melts away. The harder part is, I'm pretty active and she might have a harder time keeping up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, but only if she'd step up her game and get fit with me. I don't want to let her bad habits rub off on me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I would. I would maybe be honest to them that I'd find it nice if they'd try to lose some weight over time.
    But me loving the person would not really depend on that...

1|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't, but as I man I don't care less about a woman being smart, funny, well-dressed, had a good job, and shared your values and interests...

1|0
    0|0
  • No, because 100 lbs over is not going to be attractive. Plus she will likely have a lot of health problems as she gets older.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't be able to date someone 100lbs over, I don't know if I could do 50lbs over weight 😞

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i could. I would hope she is closer to 6' than 5'

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely, everyone has their own story. We must love people for what they are.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Thirty pounds yes, but not a hundred.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is what a good/great FRIEND is
    not a date

1|0
    0|0
  • For sure

1|0
    0|0
  • I did and I have no problem with it

1|0
    0|0