Curfew/Plans Madness?

Here's some scenarios..
Just give me your opinions.
GF16
I'm 17
Say we go out, I ask her father what time he would like her to be home.. Mind you, it's 4:30 right now, On the weekend.

He says. "Eight"
Her mom chimes in the background, "Ten"
And we left.. We got back and he was a fairly irritated.
But in saying one word, it was almost like he was joking?
On a Friday night, home at 8? Right?
We went out for dinner and a movie another time.
He texted asking what time she'd be home.
We looked at the clock, and judging by the time it would be around 10.

So, she texted back saying, "around 10, maybe a little bit later."

I pulled into the drive way at 10:06.
I was driving slower than normal because the roads are curved and there are deer everywhere.

He was pissed, I mean livid, and wanted to change her non existent curfew to 10. Because around ten, but little bit later.. means 10 on the dot..

Alright.

Her mom works in town.
It's a thirty minute drive back to her house.
Forty from mine...
I said hey, "Hey, how about I just drop you off when your mom gets off at 9:15, so you're home early and don't have to worry about curfew..

Her mom, said how stressful that makes things, and how difficult it was.

EVEN though, we stood at her car. And when she got off work they left.
I didn't ask her to drive anywhere, I met her there. Why should she be mad?
She says "The curfew is 10"

Does that freaking mean be home AT 10?
Can I not get her home before?
Jesus, I don't understand.

Another thing they get pissed about, is me "changing the plans"

If I say, "we're gonna head over to my place and hangout, maybe go for a bite to eat."

That's wrong. That's not an exact plan.
We either are eating or we aren't.
And where at, because they need to know five hours prior. Ffs..
I was taking her home once, and had to stop for gas, when I realized I wouldn't be able to get there and back without running out.
They were mad that I changed the plan... To get gas... What the actual hell..

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like the parents are a little strict and over protective. It will suck, but you are going to have to play by their rules if you wanna keep dating her. As you get older, hopefully things start to loosen up. I personally think the parents need to calm down. Getting home at 10:06 for a 10:00 pm curfew seems perfectly fine to me.

If this were me, I would just come up with "definite plans" each time. (Even if you don't follow through with them, they don't have to know lol) I also don't know the full situation, but maybe your girlfriend needs to explain to them like "hey, we are not doing anything shady. If you want me home by ten, then ill be home either before ten but no later than a minutes after. Also, we sometimes like to hang out with each other and decide what we want to do on the spot. I'll update you guys of course, but we don't always know what we want to do yet and would sometimes just like to hang out." Of course that is easier said than done. She would have to be really respectful.

I know how she feels, my parents were very weird when I first started dating. I went on so many dates that they weren't even aware about because I refused to deal with their shenanigans involving it. As time passed, they loosened up. Things are way better now. But sometimes I still lie, and Im in college! Its hard and frustrating, especially when you know you are being responsible. Hang in there dude.

• Awesome, thanks!
      That helps quite a bit. Haha