Why would he do this to me?

I am not trying to act like a victim here, I just wanna know what you guys think. I went out with this boy, we met online. And he set up a date to meet me, we met and it was a good date I could tell he was nervous and all that jazz. Paid for my dinner, held the door open, and smiled a lot while with me. I don't know what went wrong, then he sent a text saying "I don't think it's gonna workout, I enjoyed it. I'm sorry" Now that alone made me think he was breaking it off. But he said he meant to say he had stuff to do so we scheduled another date for the 23. So Monday, we were texting and he just stopped talking to me. And his snap points keep going up (not that it matters) but did he blow me off? I am so confused, cause this isn't the first time a boy has done this to me. He even said he really liked me, and that he wanted to make me his girlfriend. Can someone explain this to me? I am a true believer in actions speak louder than words. But I don't know, I have moved on myself but Its bothering me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing to hold in your mind is online sites attract people who have commitment and rejection issues. These are people who aren't getting dates which means they are not necessarily completely stable under all conditions. Just in case, I am among that group of Internet daters.

So you find someone you like and maybe they like you and everything looks good. Something may trigger a change in thought or their situation changes. You aren't commited so they don't feel an obligation. They may also not say anything because they don't want to hurt your feelings.

I have on occasion asked for some feedback. Basically I simply say I just want to find out what I am doing right and wrong so I can have a better chance in the future. People have responded to that.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Try talking to him. If he does not want to be with you. Just move on. He is not the right person for you, if he does not want to be with you. Just relax, and everything will be fine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he's too scared to break it off properly. Sit him down and talk about it maturely. If he's actively ignoring you and still spending time talking to others maybe that should be a sign.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, definitely. Should I send him a text or something? He lives 30 minutes away from me so it's gonna be kinda hard.

• If it's an answer you want I'd say leave it till he contacts you. When he does civilly bring up your concerns and accept nothing but a straight forward answer.

Too often young people mince their words to get out of a tough conversation.

Worse case happens and I was right. In that situation you're now free to persue an actual romantic interest who'll deliver on basic stuff like not blanking you.

• Sounds like he was dating multiple people and he got rejected after he turned you down.
    As bad as it might sound.. you may be a rebound.

0|0
    0|0
    • That's what I kinda thought too, but I am super new to this but I am done waiting. I am going back out there, lol. Thank you!

• All the best 😁
      Hope you don't find another loser like him.

• Thank you, and yeah hopefully not. He seems like a good guy though. Would've been kinda nice to know if he didn't like me.

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes