Would you take a girl who makes more money than you?

I’ve always wondered this and found the male ego has always gotten in the way of relationships with women who are the sole earners. But would you personally be in one? Would you feel emasculated? Angry? Happy? And why would you feel that way?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well it is natural within us to be the provider and want to work. Many men feel depressed if they aren't productive. Hear of the term "Put food on the table?" Back in the day that was literally took as go out and hunt so we can survive. Now, in the society we live, "hunting" is making money so we can indirectly put food on the table.

Not just ego, we love providing and when a woman fills that role, it kinda stings. We want to provide. Now that is fine if you earn more I don't care. But know what is going behind the scenes to it all

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So you’re saying as an underage person that when a man cannot do his natural instinct to provide for his woman and family, he feels like shit? That’s ego. He can still provide emotionally and physically.

• Show All
    • So a males ego will take a shot. I’m not talking about our natural instincts, I’m asking whether YOU, at this time would be comfortable being with someone who makes more money than you. As a medical student, I know what our bodies are naturally for so, would you be with a girl or whatever you like that makes more money than you?

• Her making money isn't a problem, it is if she is married to her career or is married to me. I think we should both be each others priorities, then whatever else

Most Helpful Girl

• I make more money than my boyfriend and he is totally fine with it. Not every guy has that ego, thankfully.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Depends on the situation, I wouldn't mind if it just so happens she makes more, but no matter what I'm working for money. Even if she's a rich CEO or anything, I'll be working. Now if it's just a few dollars more an hour or so on I'll just make sure it's mainly mine being used for family needs, so she can have spending money. I'd be happy as long as she is, because I'd have more purpose that way.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no issue if a girl makes more money than me. I rather have a job I like and get paid a little less but still enough to survive on Than being stuck In a job I hate Making a buck or 2 more. I love my job right now and I'm doing solid and it's just going to get better from here since I just started.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I would take her but your question should be like did she accept a guy who is not earning.
    Mostly Girls psychology is that they want man who is more successful than them.
    For me if she is my girl her success will make me happy. I personally think their should be a separation between my family and work. Husband and wife should work for welfare of their family without competing with each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. There's no way I'm gonna put myself in a position where we both have more money, if we ever combine our finances. No sir, I don't want none of that.

j/k of course I would I'm not dumb

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not want a partner who makes more money.
    The amount of money you make determines what quality of life you are living, I can't expect someone to lower theirs just because I don't make as much money as they do.
    Likewise, I refuse to lower my quality of life to accommodate for someone else.

My partner has to make roughly about the same amount of money as I do.

0|0
    0|0
    • This is a horrible response. Money does not determine your quality of life.

• @JoMiZu Of course it does.
      If you subjectively achieve satisfaction by other means then fine, but for me standard of living is the sole determinant of personal happiness.

• It doesn't matter. A relationship is about loyalty and equality. Sometimes we have to offer ourselves for our partner. Its all about love trust and respect. If one makes more than the other it doesn't make one better than the other.

0|0
    0|0
  • i wouldn't care if she makes more money but there is no way id be in a relationship where only one person works in todays economy. unless she's some sort of wnba star who makes 500,00$ plus then were both gonna be working.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would. My career choice won't make me a millionaire. I don't mind if she makes more then me. As long as the relationship is equal

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm sure I wouldn't mind it. I would have a lot more free time to do what I want then

0|0
    0|0
  • Question should be would a girl take a guy who makes more money than guy

0|0
    0|0
    • That’s not the question, bud. I’m directing this question towards males.

• Well I would feel angry if that happens and I was directing my comment towards girls

• Depends does she love to rub it in my face constantly? If not then no not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess I'll just have to find some other way to contribute.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not mind as long as she doesn't treat me like shit for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about this matter. Honestly I would be just fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be totally fine with it.

0|0
    0|0
    • If anything, I think that would be amazing since it shows she goes after what she wants and works hard. Something I like in a girl.

• I'd be fine with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really wouldn't mind at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Not long term.

It’s not because I have a problem with the money but because I expect her to. It’s unusual for girls to be comfortable supporting a partner in the same way guys are so I doubt we could settle down in that situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be fine if the woman made more. She can be the primary provider for our family and I wold work some for my spending money. I could spend more time at home taking care of the kids.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes