How to begin touching him lightly?

Ok this seems stupid but I really am at a lost here
I meet this guy often at his house
Somehow I really like sitting on the floor and he does too so basically we always start the evening by playing chess on the floor
Most time we never even finish the game because we talk a lot
Anyhow
THERE IS ALWAYS THE STUPID BOARD between us
How can I get physically closer to him?
I want to start lightly touching him when we talk
I want to initiate something that gets me out of this endless friendly zone (don't get me wrong I like to see him but I want to flirt with my body not just with our eyes)
So what really good and subtle excuse could I give to just get closer to him?
I tried the obvious one of showing him something on my phone but instead he just grabbed it and looked at what I wanted to show him
Ugh..
Help?

31

Most Helpful Girl