We lock eyes for months- but WHY?

there's a guy who I see around regularly at the same place. In the very begining he would smile. But i was too shy to smile back and he eventually stopped. With time I noticed him talking about me, but i couldnt tell if good or bad. I would also make A LOT of eye contact with him. From a distance, he will hold it, and I am the one to get nervous and look away. He knows my friends, he will say hi to them even though he doesn't know them well, but nothing to me. Not to mention he pays attention to who im with and what we do (their words not mine). When I randomly talked to him once he turned red. And i didn't really get another chance to say something.
Either way, now I know some of his friends. I hang out with them and we talk some. When I was talking to his friend he came in and said hello to him but seems uncomfortable with staying. His friend didn't want to leave and he had to awkwardly sit and stay a bit, he listened to me talk at first but then once I made eye contact with him he stopped looking and then went fidgeting on his phone. Why is it so difficult to understand him? Im trying to approach and make it easy and its only getting harder.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• He likes you but he’s too shy. I’m in a similar scenario as that guy. My advice would to talk to him more. Make him comfortable around you and then he might open up and be more outgoing.

• What I was saying to someone else was, when I tried to be friendly and smile and say hello, he sorta just gave me a forced smile. When he looks at me from afar its also not really friendly. So what do you think of that

• Well if you catch him staring at you a lot it usually means he likes you or finds you attractive. And he may have given you a forced smile because he’s really nervous. Try to get to know him better and see what happens.