Am talking to someone but the conversation half of the time isn't consistent an doesn't go anywhere but I like the person and everytime am like we're?

Am talking to someone but the conversation half of the time isn't consistent an doesn't go anywhere but I like the person and everytime am like am not texting them well just stop talking they text me out of the blue an I reply an it last for 5 seconds and stop sometimes I just feel like asking them what's the deal with us but I don't know if am acting crazy an thinking too far but I feel like there's something between us what would you do if you were me just stop replying one they text you or ask what's going on

11