Will a guy not ask a girl out because he broke?

I have a feeling one of my friends have a crush on me but he haven't made a move yet, and I think the reasoning is because he have no job right now and is very limited on funds. Will having a tight income prevent you from asking a girl you really into out?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• For many guys yup. Why just be rejected because you can't provide the resources for the date. It's better to remain silent then be humiliated. This runs deep in a lot of men. You could help make it easier and after confirming this suspicion, give some suggestions about what you'd like to do. Something, maybe a good free thing to start.

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it could. You should ask him out.

2|1
    0|0
    • Like ask him out and offer to pay? That will be pretty progressive of me.

• It would be progressive- hence why you should do it.

• Yes. If he’s your crush and you want to go out with him but are concerned he’ll never ask for lack of money, you can single handedky overcome that hurdle for the both of you. Tell him he can get the next one.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• Yeah, a lot of times when I was interested, I'd reconsider because I'm on a budget just by myself so adding another person in the mix would really offset my financial balance. That's was before though, now I couldn't care less. If someone is genuinely into you and they see something in you, they wouldn't mind spending some money and helping out with dates, etc.

1|1
    0|0
    • let him know in a subtle way that his not having much money doesn't bother or inhibit you in any way. After that hint, if he is interested he'd be more comfortable asking you out

• Yes, because there is no point in asking her out if you can't afford to actually take them on a date.

1|0
    0|0
    • But I've been on plenty of free dates like hiking and what not. I mentioned to them to him before but I guess he only remember the one date I hated because the guy was not into the date after I paid for everything.

• It's certainly possible. It will be on his mind for sure. Ask him out. And if he's reluctant, or says no, this could also be the reason for that. I don't know your situation, but maybe ask him out and offer to pay?

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably would. Most guys with no money feel pretty inadequate. The best thing you can do right now is to be supportive and encouraging.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it can be a big factor for any serious relationship. Many guys feel like they might not be able to provide for a family so they don't enter into a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible, sure. He might not want to be the sole money-maker in a brand new relationship.

I personally wouldn't date a woman who was unemployed (unless she was in school or something similar).

0|0
    0|0
  • I would hesitate because if I didn't have a job and money was tight, I wouldn't want to come off as a cheapskate of a date.

0|1
    0|0
  • absolutely. its one of my rules if I can't afford to date then I won't ask a girl out. why would I torture her?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe, But you want to confirm it first whether he has crush on you!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it will. I wouldn't want to feel like I'm giving giving my fair share.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I didn't have a job for 4 years do to a car accident then having to take care of my grandmother and I didn't really talk to many girls or try and get into dating relationships. It just felt weird to me I had no job and lived with family. It's also a bad feeling because even if it didn't turn a girl off and we would end up dating no way I can pay for dates, gifts on holidays etc. Now I have a job again and starting to get back on my feet much better feeling and much higher chance to ask a girl out.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be that could be a reason.

1|1
    0|0
  • Um depends on the date

1|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately it probably would

1|0
    0|0
  • Yep. It is the main point.

0|0
    0|0
  • He better not.

0|0
    0|1
  • Maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah most of the times, if not all times

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but it sounds to me like your ego has come up with the possible reason...

0|0
    0|0
    • No not really it's more like me talking out loud, I thought for a minute and came to the realization that it may be a bit demoralizing to offer to pay, more so if gender roles is preventing him to asking me out in the first place.

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes