Is He Worth It?

So I have been dating this guy for a little over a year now. We are still in high school and have a lot of growing up to do. We get into petty arguments all the time, for example, I am a cheer leader for my school and at a football game I was doing a halftime routine in front of the stadium and he was right in front of me. As soon as the music starts he turns his attention away from me to talk to this girl and flirt with her the whole routine... in front of the entire school. Of course I was upset by this but didn’t want to start a fight so I kept it to myself. He kept asking what was wrong with me as I became more distant so I finally told him why I was upset. He denied everything and in the end I had to apologize for starting the fight and take all the blame, even though I wasn’t going to say anything in the first place. My boyfriend doesn’t show affection towards me when he’s around our friends, like he’s ashamed of me or something. When he hangs out with his friend he disappears for hours and hours. I have bad anxiety and he and his friend are reckless drivers who like to speed and cut in front of cars, so when he doesn't respond to me after 4 hours I start to get worried and my anxiety starts to get worse. He knows how worried I get and I even wrote him a letter explaining how I felt and why I felt these feelings. He then proceeded to deny everything in the letter saying that he does listen to me, that I’m not taken for granted, that he doesn’t want to hang out just to make out, etc. I love him with all my heart but I can’t keep feeling this way. What do I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Since you are in high school, that means you both are yet to get enough matured. It is better to be single until you really find a guy who is you know more understanding. This guy you are talking about is just going for girls. It happens at this age. Don't waste your time here. Being single is better than where you currently are.

0|0
    0|0
  • So this could be hard to hear, but it doesn't sound like it's working to me. It sounds like he's unwilling to take blame in this relationship and it appears that he doesn't want to change to become a better person. Keep in mind that you are only in high school. You have the rest of your life ahead of you. Fine your yourself down.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've in a relationship similar to this. I think you should get out of it before it's to late. The longer you wait the more it will hurt.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes