I snooped on his Facebook and now he won't talk to me. Help! Is he just going to ignore me forever?

Me and this guy have been talking/dating for about a year and a half. He's 26 and I'm 19.
One day while he had left his apartment and I was there alone I went on to his computer to check my work schedule. The work schedules are posted in this Fb group for my job. I went to Fb and his account was still logged on. I was about to X out but a message popped up and took me over to his other msgs. I was stupid, curious and bored so I started to click through some msgs and I ended up on the msgs between him and this girl during the summer he had talked to a lot, he claimed the conversation was innocent so I didn't want to read them. I opened up a couple different msgs, not reading them but to see when he last talked to them I guess. I immediately felt super guilty since I was invading his privacy so I closed out.
The next day he was acting weird and then texted me and asked if I used his computer. I said yes to check my schedule but after noticing your account was logged in I closed out. He asked if I was sure I didn't do anything else and I lied and said no. He brushed it aside and continued talking to me. The next day he was acting odd again so I asked what was up and he said he didn't think I was being completely honest about going on his computer. I said the same thing and he told me that until I I wanted to say what really happened he wasn't going to talk to me.
I told him what happened and he knew the whole time since he checked his history. He said he didn't believe me that I just opened and didn't read the msgs. I left him alone the rest of the day and sent him a long apology owning up to everything and he said he didn't believe me. I left him alone for another day and then apologized again and asked if we could talk and he said he didn't want to talk to me. I asked if he could let me know when we could talk and he said he didn't know.
I basically poured my heart out to him apologizing this morning and he said "I'm not ready to just be okay with you, you hurt me"
Updates:
So I went to two of his favorite restaurants to get his favorite foods and dropped off his lunch to him on break. I stayed long enough to make sure he got it and he couldn't stop smiling. He texted me telling me it was super sweet of me and I didn't respond and he texted me again an hour later saying again how nice it was of me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Would you like if he snooped into your account? Whether it's jealously, lack of trust or whatever? I don't think you would. I wouldn't either. But "ignore forever" is a bit to much, I don't think that's gonna happen.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• he is really overreacting. you were honest with him, and so what? you snooped a little. You saw messages he had with a girl over the summer, that would intrigue me too. Honestly i think he might be hiding something if he's so hurt over you looking at those messages. It wouldn't affect him if he had nothing to hide. To throw away a relationship over that it wayy over dramatic. You apologized many times. Just tell him, look i've said i'm sorry many times, what can i do to make it better? if he says to give him time then wait a few days. if he says i dont know then don't reply back and wait a few days for him to cool off. if he still is being a little bitch about it then you need to re-evaluate where your relationship is going.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Feeling like you don't trust him probably hurt. And not to mention lying initially. You showed you didn't trust him and then gave him a reason to not trust you. If he's anything like me, he's hurt right now, but given time all will likely be okay.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you showed that you didn't trust him.
    It doesn't get worse than this after an year and a half long relationship.
    Sorry

0|0
    0|0
  • From his perspective it seems like you didn't trust him enough to be loyal. He's bound to be deeply hurt by this, and it will probably take time to recover from.

0|1
    0|0
    • This. He feels he wasn't trusted but at the same time she is lying about it... It's like a double betrayal and will need some work to fix it.

What Girls Said 1

• Similar thin happened to me with my ex. We didn't break up because of this, just letting you know cause he's my ex now eventually. Long time ago i figured out his fb password, logged onto my ipad fb app, without knowing facebook can tell account holder how many deviceses has his log in. I was like you, i first lied, but eventually he figured it out and was showing same reaction like your boyfriend. you need to be patient on this, as its your fault, and you should not force him to be okay with you asap. Its your fault so give him some time with it. I did that too, i admit it was my fault, can't say anything if he wants to break up with me or not but i left him alone and he came back. I can't promise it will be same for your boyfriend but i dont think this is a break up reason.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes