What does it mean when a woman says "I need time to think" when asked out on a date?

when i asked a work colleague out she was surprised and wondered why i would like to go out with her. she said she was flattered, and she was blushing. She said she needed time to think because she was trying to break it off with her boyfriend of about a year because he didn't see a future with a single mum. she said it was a bit early for her, and how about lunch sometime. Im not sure if she is being honest or just rejecting me in a nice way.
Thanks for your thoughts

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like she’s a mature woman and she’s trying to figure out herself first that way she wouldn’t hurt you possibly. I’d respect that and go out with her one day. She seems as if she has the right approach to relationships

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • thanks for your response. that was my first impression. And from the way she behaves around me, i know that she wants my attention. For what reason, i dont know. It may be friendship, just flirting, but either way, im interested and a friendship would be pretty cool anyway.
      Cheers :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Should have taken her out for lunch.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • agreed. i hope the invitation is still open because i will suggest it next time i see her at work.
      Cheers

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• I would be also confused if I were.
    So I think we can't tell much in that moment, let her some time and check later to get some hints about what she's really thinking. That's the best you can do right now.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for your advice. I think i will take her up on lunch as that's what she suggested.
      Cheers

• That's a no

0|0
    0|0
  • That she didn't decided yet

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes