I have a boyfriend but I like someone else, what should I do?

I'm 16 and i have a boyfriend, let's call him 'A'. So we've been together since a little over a year now and i like him a lot. He's got a really nice personality and treats me very well. Since the past 2-3 months though, we haven't talked properly. Neither on call or on texts. He doesn't come to meet me either. He joined this sport academy because he likes the sport and is VERY busy lately. Says he gotta handle studies, and sports so is very busy and so he doesn't have any time for me. I feel left out. There's this guy friend of mine, say 'B'. Now B is a very nice person too. We've been friends since a month now and i just recently realized i like him. We text constantly, he helps out with my studies A LOT and is always there to support me if i need anything. So I've been feeling really confused and frustrated lately because of the two of them. Finally a few days ago I told B i like him. He was pretty chill about it and we act normal. But since then he's started flirting with me a lot and i reciprocate. I haven't told A about it all. I do feel really guilty i feel as though im cheating But i think it was A's fault to have completely avoided me in the first place. So, this was basically a rant kind of thing but please give me suggestions if you guys have any. Thanks for reading.

931

Most Helpful Guy

• You have 3 options. Well ok 4 but one will only end poorly.

1 dump a and date b. Be nice about it though.

2 stay with a and be friends with b

3 drop the idea of an open relationship with them because (imo) monogamy is for suckers

4 (not recommended) stay with a but sleep with b and don't tell a monogamy is for suckers but open relationships must be agreed upon else it's dishonest and I would consider this cheating

• I'm thinking either 1 or 2. I don't know I'm thinking 1. Nope I'm not considering 3 or 4. Thank you ❤️

• You are welcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm, I feel like deep down, you've already come up with an answer. I may be wrong, but I feel like you are more drawn towards B at this point. You see, sometimes we like to hear other people's opinions just to make sure what we're about to do is "correct". I think you should decide based on why you feel the feelings towards A & B. Remind yourself of the reason you started dating A. You liked him a lot, right? A year is a pretty long relationship for people our age. Maybe have a conversation with him to see if he's actually that busy, or if he's just actively avoiding you (but I don't think he is). Don't ask directly if he's avoiding you, because that could lead to an argument, but actually take time to see what's going on. If a guy was genuinely busy, I think it would break his heart that his girlfriend wanted to be with another guy. But I understand that you may feel neglected. However, when we both grow up, relationships will be like this too. Our partners will get busy, or leave for a trip or something. However, we can find something else to do to keep us busy. Many people out in the world are having long distance relationships, and they can make it work because they love each other. What if you were busy, and your partner broke up with you for another girl? We're 16, so I don't things have gotten to the point where they're that serious, but understand this will happen again in the future. Maybe you should confront B as well, and see if he actually likes you, just because a guy is flirting with you more, it doesn't mean he actually likes you. Going off of what you had said, it doesn't seem that B said he liked you back. Is that correct? Do you actually like B? or is it because he spends more time with you? Is there a part of you that just wants to make A upset that he lost you? I know you don't want to be asked more questions at this point, but it's important to realize what you want from your relationships. I don't think you should break up with A just because you want to be with B. Because if it turns out to be a mistake, you can't fix it. However, if it really makes you feel left out to be with A, I think you should tell him that you feel like you're being neglected. If you really can't work around it, then maybe you should break up, it's not fair to both of you to be together and not be happy. Don't take things too personal, this is just my opinion, but I think you should keep these questions in mind

• Thanks for actually taking the time out and typing so much. Nope, B doesn't like me back. And yeah, I talked to A about it today. We're good now. Well not really good, but still. I apologized to him and he's forgiven me. We're all human after all, i mean, there were quite a few on here that called me a whore but, i just feel this was human tendency. Desiring attention and moral support. I mean, it was pretty bad when I needed some support he texted with an 'I'm busy'. Of course i should've understood his situation but that's what I'd been doing for 2 months and finally thought i needed to break the silence. Thanks so much again though.

• I'm glad you guys have worked it all out, that's good to hear! :) I'm glad you took time out of your day to read my paragraph!! Have a wonderful day!!