In an argument, who should apologise first?

When both sides said things that were bad to each other, but the boyfriend thinks he was completely right with what he said at his girlfriend, even though it hurts and disrespects her, yet she is able to admit she shouldn’t have said certain things. The boyfriend still won’t come to the middle because he thinks he wasn’t the one that started it, yet he was the one that added fuel to the fire by criticising and just stating “facts”, even if the girlfriend doesn’t believe in those facts.

Do you believe in equal apologies or that just because the boyfriend thinks he’s completely right, means that he doesn’t even need to apologise to the gf? How would you solve an argument? Is it fair to push the blame on the person that started the fight?

423