In an argument, who should apologise first?

When both sides said things that were bad to each other, but the boyfriend thinks he was completely right with what he said at his girlfriend, even though it hurts and disrespects her, yet she is able to admit she shouldn’t have said certain things. The boyfriend still won’t come to the middle because he thinks he wasn’t the one that started it, yet he was the one that added fuel to the fire by criticising and just stating “facts”, even if the girlfriend doesn’t believe in those facts.

Do you believe in equal apologies or that just because the boyfriend thinks he’s completely right, means that he doesn’t even need to apologise to the gf? How would you solve an argument? Is it fair to push the blame on the person that started the fight?

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 23

• In this case he would need to apologise as well. . Being right doesn't make you a God. . Always try and talk , always remember that if you can't take the bad moments then don't make it worse, just find yourself a "perfect" girl. . ( if you can 😂)

0|0
    0|0
  • Fault has no gender. But reveals character.. the best person is he who admits to his faults and is quick to realize mistakes, amend them after an apology.

Only fools hold on to pride and vanity..

0|0
    0|0
  • Apologizing and learning from saying hateful or disrespectful thing things should be quick. You should not apologize for opinion.

Are they facts or. opinions?

0|0
    0|0
    • They are more of his opinion on me and how he thinks I make excuses and don’t listen to him (which I personally don’t think I am). A lot of disrespect/hurtful things were said from his end and I just sat there listening to it and crying and reacting emotionally and him telling me to stop being so emotional and be logical when arguing. I already apologised for starting the argument, but he just fuelled it a lot with commentary on me and I reacted to his comments with emotion as girls do. He doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong because they are ‘facts’ and thinks I owe him an apology.

• I suggested to meet half way because we both said bad things, thinking he would agree for the sake of the relationship and him seemingly wants to move past this, but he straight out says ‘no, there’s no need to meet half way because you caused it all and you should be the one apologising’. So I don’t know what to do because I’m not the grovelling type and actually would rather leave.

• Honestly he should apoligize

• I think its not about how started the fight or how fueld it. It is about if you want to be with that person anymore and if you want the argument to be the last thing you said to each other

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter who apologizes first. What matters is that both of you apology when you've clearly done something worthy of apology.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they are facts then not believing just makes her stupid. In this situation (and most of them) both sides should apologize.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both should, feelings could get hurt no matter what

0|0
    0|0
  • Both should, feelings could get hurt no matter what

0|0
    0|0
  • The boy should b the first, latter the girl will notice her mistake

0|0
    0|0
  • You !!! women always should apologize