How to stop liking someone who will never like you back?

I've liked this guy at school for more than four years now. It's not that I admire his looks. I like him, for him. I want to sit down and have a conversation with him about his family, what he's planning to do after high school, what his main goal in life is. That kind of stuff. But he has never liked me and never will. He calls me "stupid" in front of everyone else. When I'm even standing next to him in line, he moves somewhere else. When I look straight at him, he looks away. He asks to copy my homework and then messes up MY paper. When someone else (another girl) said hello to me, he goes, "That girl is dumb. Don't talk to her." And he never ever talks to me, except to copy my papers. But I just can't help liking him so much. I'm just so desperate. How do I stop?

518

Most Helpful Guy

• Wtf. He seems like a horrible person. If he is constantly ignoring you, laughing at you, and tell bad things about you. WHAT IS THERE TO LIKE HIM. For whatever reason you "liked" him in the first place. You have to stick to the mindset that "He is No Good for Me, I can do better". Next time he asks to copy answers off of homework or something, just ignore him. Like actually pretend like he isn't in the room. The more you aren't near him. The more you stop thinking about him. Also, to stop thinking about him. Look around you. Im sure there are tons of awesome guys 10x better than he would ever be.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm just glad that the semester is almost over, and I won't have any more classes with him. Also, I guess I like him because I thought he was nice. It's hard to explain but sometimes you see people with really sweet smiles, yet their personalities are exact opposite of it.

• Yeah I understand. Good luck with your situation

Most Helpful Girl

• are u still schooling? if u are wait till graduation day and confess how u feel towards him. 1. he can feel remorseful and he'll probably think about u a couple of days before he decides what to do (either approach or ignore u) or 2. eh he sounds horrible in my opinion I don't know what u see in him but anyway he might ridicule u but it won't matter because u won't ever see him again. its a win-win

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He knows how I feel about him. He knows that I like him a lot, but he doesn't care. I guess sometimes you just want what you can't have.