How to stop liking someone who will never like you back?

I've liked this guy at school for more than four years now. It's not that I admire his looks. I like him, for him. I want to sit down and have a conversation with him about his family, what he's planning to do after high school, what his main goal in life is. That kind of stuff. But he has never liked me and never will. He calls me "stupid" in front of everyone else. When I'm even standing next to him in line, he moves somewhere else. When I look straight at him, he looks away. He asks to copy my homework and then messes up MY paper. When someone else (another girl) said hello to me, he goes, "That girl is dumb. Don't talk to her." And he never ever talks to me, except to copy my papers. But I just can't help liking him so much. I'm just so desperate. How do I stop?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Wtf. He seems like a horrible person. If he is constantly ignoring you, laughing at you, and tell bad things about you. WHAT IS THERE TO LIKE HIM. For whatever reason you "liked" him in the first place. You have to stick to the mindset that "He is No Good for Me, I can do better". Next time he asks to copy answers off of homework or something, just ignore him. Like actually pretend like he isn't in the room. The more you aren't near him. The more you stop thinking about him. Also, to stop thinking about him. Look around you. Im sure there are tons of awesome guys 10x better than he would ever be.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I'm just glad that the semester is almost over, and I won't have any more classes with him. Also, I guess I like him because I thought he was nice. It's hard to explain but sometimes you see people with really sweet smiles, yet their personalities are exact opposite of it.

• Yeah I understand. Good luck with your situation

Most Helpful Girl

• are u still schooling? if u are wait till graduation day and confess how u feel towards him. 1. he can feel remorseful and he'll probably think about u a couple of days before he decides what to do (either approach or ignore u) or 2. eh he sounds horrible in my opinion I don't know what u see in him but anyway he might ridicule u but it won't matter because u won't ever see him again. its a win-win

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • He knows how I feel about him. He knows that I like him a lot, but he doesn't care. I guess sometimes you just want what you can't have.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• Remove yourself from their life and get a hobby and spend time with other people.

Seriously find something that matters to you, preferably something that let's you get involved with other people.

Picking up a sport or getting socially involved with something are great ways to get your mind onto other things.

0|0
    0|0
  • You are cursed unless you rewire your thinking. You like to chase the perceived unattainable. Save yourself the drama. Limit your dating pool to only men who are card carrying members of your fan club.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should take a serious look at yourself. Seems your attracted not just to men that don't like you but actually dislike you. This can lead to abusive relationships down the road.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good question probably try not to let him copy your papers until he quit saying bad things about you or if he ask way before its due try to put wrong answers then put the right answers thats what i would do if i were you

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you definitely need to stop conversing with this individual he does not respect you I think you could find somebody else if this guy is definitely a waste of time

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's not meant to be, you will find happiness elsewhere. I'd like to have a Ferrari but I can't afford one. But I still appreciate looking at them while they pass me by.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop letting him copy your pappers -_-...
    Even if you like him, avoid him, feelings fade away eventually.

0|0
    0|0
  • Speaking the truth it's a bit difficult. It takes some time to adjust. Just focus on something else or someone else

0|0
    0|0
  • If I did that I would feel so bad the best thing is to know 100% that he doesn't like u so I say just talk to him about why he's mean

0|0
    0|0
    • He said that I'm lamest person ever, so he's mean to me. I'm just glad that the semester is almost over, and I won't have any more classes with him. Also, I guess I like him because I thought he was nice. It's hard to explain but sometimes you see people with really sweet smiles, yet their personalities are exact opposite of it.

• I don't know he just sounds like a jerk. I'm so sorry, I really do feel bad for you but I'm sure your super nice and if he doesn't like you then trust me you deserve much much better

• Let him pass

I liked a girl and my closure was telling her how I felt, then I let her go

0|0
    0|0
  • Cut him off, treat him the same way he does you is the easiest.

0|0
    0|0
  • Think about all of that mean stuff he has done to you every time you see or think about him.

0|0
    0|0
  • 😢 He sounds like a twat, hope you're OK

1|1
    0|0
  • Just get a new hobby

1|0
    0|0
  • Distance yourself

1|0
    0|0
  • find another love

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow girls are retarded lol.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I was in the exact same situation!
    You still like him because you haven't found anyone better. But once you do, you'll laugh at how you used to like some jerk who never liked you back and made your fun instead. You just need to look at more guys. PS it's about your self respect.. You should scold him sometimes and he'll never call you dumb again. Don't you get mad at him at how he treats you? If you do then let your feelings out.. scold him and tell him that even after all this time , you like him.. And he should respect that. Don't show him your papers , make him realize what he's doing. He's just using you for notes. Guys want you more when you don't show them care and show that you're busy and happy with other things too.. I know this is sad but it's true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Feelings don't go away easily. Don't force yourself to stop liking him. You'd get worse. Let it fade naturally

0|0
    0|0
  • Find one thing you dislike about him, and constantly remind yourself about it?

0|0
    0|0
    • Well, he acts like I don't exist, except when copying my homework. But he just looks so nice. Sometimes, people can have the nicest, sweet smiles but be so mean deep down. It's hard to describe. I guess I thought he was nice, but he's definitely the opposite.

• If he acts like you don’t exist then you should ignore him as well, using you for homework is also stupid. Don’t help him unless he deserves it, ignoring you and then using you shows you he is undeserving.

• Why do you let him copy your work?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because I like him, and want to make him happy. But that's literally the only time he ever talks to me. I'm just happy that I won't have anymore classes with him after this month.

• Next time tell him no, he might get mad but at least he'll have some respect for you

Recommended myTakes