Feeling so nervous and self conscious about going to the company holiday party alone?

I'm single, but it feels like everyone in my company is either married or dating someone. I'm 27 and it often feels like I'm getting to the age where it's "expected" that I'd be settling down or stating to get serious with someone, but I actually love being single.

It's just this time of year always makes me feel awful about it. I'm quiet by nature and walking around a party by myself, while everyone is with their partners, sounds truly awful.

I'm honestly dreading it, but it's tonight and I agreed to go. Can anyone give me reassurance or tell me what they'd do in this situation?

12