Guys, how would you react if your partner said that they sometimes have suicidal thoughts?

I mean that the thoughts come occasionally, not always and that they do not act on it. Would you leave them?

110

Most Helpful Guy

• It wouldn't be a new thing for me... there is this girl in my school... she is one of my best friends but she is really suecidal and her friend thats also my friend... also... i was there when the first one tried to hang herself and i was so scared that i just ran there with my guy friend and we told her its not that bad till we realized it was kinda... we all went throgh it and if anything like this happened to me (lets say my girlfriend (that i will probably never have)) i would take special care for that person even more special than before... i wanna make people that think they are worthless make SOMETHING again.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• No leaving them might just make things worse. Im a down ass female so I’m rocking with my man through everything. Try and help him the best you can. Try and convince him to get therapy if he isn’t already, but if his thoughts turn into actions then get him emergency help.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Guys Said 9

• Im pretty sure everyone at some point in their lives have thought about death. Its guaranteed in our contract to die so people look way to deep into the subject. I would say its normal. Maybe its a way people react with their own insecurities

• That's more the reason to not leave. I'm going through this currently, and it's really not as bad as you may think. She told me that I'm kinda the one anchoring her to this world and away from death. I want to help her improve her mental health and become a happier person.

• No I would not leave. I understand, and thats no reason to leave. Thoughts are just thoughts. Actions or intent mean I get worried but I wouldn't leave

• And giving them a reason to actually follow trough?
    You're beyond cold.

• What about you? You want to leave him or advice and go with him to gp/hospital for treatment?

• It would scare me.
    And I would try and help her as best I can.

• If anyone would actually leave them over that... Kinda fucked up.

• Try to get them help

• He is depressed and need pull over

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!