Advice for a first date?

So I started being friends with this guy a month I or so ago. We’ve been hanging out a lot at the place we work at which has a bar and a lounge and stuff. A lot of the times we’ve hung out we’ve been drinking but we’ve gone to dinner and stuff casually and not drank at all. And so everyone told me that he liked me and I asked if he did. And long story short we talked about it and have finally decided to go on a date. I’m so nervous. I haven’t really seen him in person since we talked about “us” as a couple. We’ve only been texting about it. So this will basically be the first time seeing each other and officially on a date and I’m nervous out of my mind. He’s still a new friend and I’m still not sure if I only see him as a friend. I think he likes me more than I like him but he’s been really slow with me and considerate cus he knows I feel that way. I’m worried that it’ll go bad and I’ve given him false hope by going on this date with him. I’m worried our friendship won’t be able to recover. I’m worried he’ll try to kiss me and I’m not ready for that. And if I should even be dating him when I don’t have romantic feelings for him. I’m worried about all these things. I don't know what it’s gonna be like. And I think before I go I’m just gonna have like one drink maybe to calm my nerves I don't know then not drink for the rest of the night... help pls?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• Don't be nervous just be yourself. You have nothing to lose honestly. If you go in overthinking then u start acting weird and doing weird stuff so don't overthink and be yourself. It's ok even if u want to tell him that you are kinda nervous about it then he'll really understand and take it slowly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't overthink this. You're just going on a date with him- have a good time and don't worry, it's not a commitment to anything other than the date itself. Give him a chance to show you what it's like to date him, and take it one date at a time. He sounds like a thoughtful and considerate guy who wouldn't try to force things, so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Relax and enjoy!

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh my God, relax a bit. You expressed so much anxiety here, you would give anyone a nervous breakdown.

Why don't you go and simply try to enjoy yourself.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes