Do guys actually like to listen to complains?

So there's this guy I really like and we get along pretty well. He is very sweet and remembers important events (e. g. asks how presentations went). But he wants me to tell him when I've problems, not feeling well, etc.

I think he mentioned it 4 times.
"I think it's more important you know that you can talk to me about anything that bothers you whenever you want"

I don't want him to feel obligated to listen to me. I know he has been busy lately so I don't want to bother him.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Depends (person, how much someone complains, etc)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone has a different capacity to feel empathy for others. One of the greatest joys in my life is the chance to help people and to make them smile. He seems to care for you and his desire to understand your troubles and problems is likely genuine. Embrace such a man because he is probably more of the exception. If he is asking, he is not obligated but tell him that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Fir me, it's if the situation can be prevented. Like if she is complaining about someone hurting her feelings, but then she keeps doing the same thing after I suggested not to. It's hard to keep listening

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate it when people complain about everything. "It's sooo hot" "I'm hungryyy" "Are we there yet?"

However, I do think it's important in communication between two people for a few important complaints to pass through. It helps me understand the person better and becomes a topic of conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's not asking you to complain to him. He's asking you to be less than perfect with him. Opening up beyond what's happy and nice is a way of seeing what's below the surface. He is asking for you to feel comfortable with him in a more emotionally intimate way

0|0
    0|0
  • If she has ligitimate problems, like stress about work/school, or anything else, then absolutely. I am a sponge to absorb her problems. But if she's just complaining about things that she doesn't have control over like the weather or what someone else is wearing, then I won't waste my time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dear asker, it's not about guus but about minds. Everyone is different. I for example ALWAYS am ready to listen to others seeking my help. It's not a weight for me, at all. I am truly happy to support others, especially who I love.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he is trying to connect with you on a deeper level. Trying to build trust. Showing that he cares.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he really likes you and wants you to know you can trust him to tell him anything. A guy that doesn't really like you would not want to hear it, so this is a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, with the caveat that they don't want to just listen but rather help find a solution. That's the downside.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends if it's something I don't hear lot than yes but if people are constantly telling me a certain thing positive about me it's anoying.

0|0
    0|0
  • If its my girlfriend then yeah if not then less likely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0