If he likes me, why no kiss yet?

So a guy I really like, I've been out with twice... I'm assuming he likes me too because at the end of each date he says he wants to see me again, our dates last for hours because we click well and conversation goes for hours, and he likes every photo I post on social media after our dates. But... he has yet to kiss me, and that is unusual for me when I go out on dates, so I really don't know what to think of it... he also doesn't text me like other guys... but when I text him he replies immediately.
I'm not one to chase... it's just unatural for me, but I sort of feel like I am in this situation, and I can't help it because I like him more than the other guys that I'm dating, but I really don't feel like I know what to do in this situation. Am I wasting my time?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Not at all. From the sound of it he's really into you. He could be old fashioned and taking his time to properly court you before moving in for the kiss. It's what I would do, at least. I, myself, went on a date a few years back, and didn't kiss her either, because I was raised that one didn't kiss on the first date. I thought the date went extremely well, yet she never went on another date with me SIMPLY because I didn't kiss her that night. I couldn't fathom that. From your story, I think he may be the same. Give him time, and if, after a few more dates, if he still doesn't kiss you, then give him permission verbally, he may be waiting to know you're ready. In this age of sexual assault being thrown around like hotcakes, he may be just being cautious. It's perfectly okay to take initiative, we guys can be rather clueless at times.

Most Helpful Girl