I need to tell her I'm not interested?

So this girl has been texting me for the past month but I just see her as friends and she seems to think that we are "talking". I've tried not texting back and using short responses to give her the hint but she keeps texting me. How do I respectfully tell her that I'm not interested?

16

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly the sooner you do it the easier it will be for you as the longer you wait the more she feels so let her know you want to keep it on a friendly level as you feel you are not ready for any commitment or any sort of relationship

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Alright. Here's what you can do to tell her respectfully. By telling her. That's all you need to do. Not only are your respecting her by doing so, but you are also respecting yourself as well. If you are of one those guys who does not communicate correctly and effectively to another person, especially even it comes to relationship and doing what is right because it's right, what kind of person does that say about you and your character?

You can ghost, ignore, give short or mad responses, but that's pretty much not going to give you the result that you would like. I'm not going to say that it'll be easy, because for some people it can be difficult, but at the end of it all, you'll feel off like a better person because you did the right thing. A question you should ask yourself is, "How would you like to be told/notified that someone isn't interested in you?" Most likely in an honest and direct way, correct? At least you'll feel appreciated about it instead of being left holding on a string waiting for it to be broken while being dragged in the mud.

If you need something to start off with, maybe try, "Hey. I need to tell you something. It's difficult for me to tell you this, but I feel like the truth is better than dragging it out. I been thinking, and I came to a conclusion that I'm not interested in you. You're fantastic person, but honestly, I just don't feel like this relationship can go any further than just friends." Then go from there, trust me, it can go from a simple OK to a somewhat long conversation, and you'll have to brace for it. Stick to the points of that she's a great person, but you don't feel her like that. And whatever you do, DON'T get caught up with your emotions, be calm, cool, and collected. In person might be great, but if you aren't used to talking to people in person, then do what you feel is best for you. Hope this helps. Not going to say good luck, but I wish you much effort, as your actions are more important than luck if you want to change your world. :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE