Dating age difference?

is it LEGAL for a GIRL to date a guy who is 2.5 years YOUNGER than you when you’re 1 year from becoming an adult? could i get arrested

310

Most Helpful Guy

• No not at all. Romeo and Juliet laws are actually outdated. Most states have upgraded to simple age of consent. Check the age of consent in your state, if you're US. Most other countries vary between 14-17. In the US the highest one that I know is Missouri at 17, most other states have it at 15 or 16. I think Alabama (surprise) is set at 14. Age of consent laws literally mean that you are old enough to give your consent... Period. It gets rid of that stupidity of statutory rape when there's only a year or two difference in ages.

• Crap it won't let me edit. I meant to say that it's not illegal at all. It is completely legal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Typically you can't date someone over the legal age if you are under but if anything happens in the court of law the older person is tried as an adult and some other things become dicey, though it depends on the state