Dating age difference?

is it LEGAL for a GIRL to date a guy who is 2.5 years YOUNGER than you when you’re 1 year from becoming an adult? could i get arrested

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No not at all. Romeo and Juliet laws are actually outdated. Most states have upgraded to simple age of consent. Check the age of consent in your state, if you're US. Most other countries vary between 14-17. In the US the highest one that I know is Missouri at 17, most other states have it at 15 or 16. I think Alabama (surprise) is set at 14. Age of consent laws literally mean that you are old enough to give your consent... Period. It gets rid of that stupidity of statutory rape when there's only a year or two difference in ages.

0|0
    0|0
    • Crap it won't let me edit. I meant to say that it's not illegal at all. It is completely legal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Typically you can't date someone over the legal age if you are under but if anything happens in the court of law the older person is tried as an adult and some other things become dicey, though it depends on the state

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on where you are. Some places have different laws for less than 3 years diff. Here, the age is 18 regardless. So theoretically, two 17 year olds could both go to jail for having sex with each other, though I've never heard of it happening.

0|0
    0|0
  • No your fine, but if you engage in anything sexual it will be considered illegal (though rarely enforced). Generally you will have some form of protection in Romeo and Juliette laws as well

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're from America, possibly depends on the state. However, a lot of states have romeo juliet laws that protect preexisting couples from minor/legal adult interactions

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your state. In my home state Washington, the legal age of consent is16 but you can't be more than years apart

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s fine for casual dating, but nothing serious until both are 18+.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do what makes you happy who cares i seen a 17 year old dating a27 year old before

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no age in love. It can happen with anyone, anywhere anytime..

0|0
    0|0
  • Nooo

0|0
    0|0
  • No in most cases it's not legal just wait it out

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It should be alright. Even then, if your family and their family is happy with the situation then no one would ever get the police involved in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol no

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes