What does it mean when a guy asks you "what do you want"?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Agreeing with most of the consensus here, guys are usually literal. We are genuinely asking what you want. In most chat rooms/ hookup sites... It's asking you what kind of relationship you want. Hookup, dating, friends, etc. Also, in my experience, most guys who are that straightforward asking you that question, are looking for a hookup, preferably without a pesky relationship.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• As in what do you want from him in term of relationship e. g, friends with benefits, long term, short term, ons. Or what kind of relationship you're looking for in general. I'm assuming it's in the context of some kind of relationship chat and not just a what do you want for dinner type thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I ask that, I am genuinely asking what it is that you want in regards to what will make you happy or happier. I'm someone that wants my partner to enjoy our time together so if I ask I want an honest answer so I can act accordingly and make both of us more satisfied in our relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • if you want something... is there context or is it out of the blue?

0|0
    0|0
  • It could mean ( like when i say it ) i will do anything as long as im with you i want you to have the most fun i just want to be around you

0|0
    0|0
  • See, now this depends on the context.
    Thing is, though, the question almost always is literal. We literally just want to know what you want, in the context of the conversation at the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I ask it, I am looking to see where their head is at as far as relationships are concerned. Do you want a long term relationship or something more casual.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means he wants to know what you want.

0|0
    0|0
  • What you want? Friends? Date? Fuck buddies?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes