Is it true that women get bored of nice guys who spoil them?

I don’t think it’s true. My boyfriend spoils me rotten, takes care of me, and I couldn’t live without him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i think it's more about them being boring or predictable. women don't like a perfect live. they long for drama and chaos once in a while. if you don't give them that, they'll leave or create drama out of thin air.

1|2
    0|0
    • Girls who are looking for drama/chaos are insecure and don't have much excitement in their lives. Those are the type of women who tend to cheat and steal their best friend's boyfriends. But, not all girls are like that.

• Show All
    • Just because several people get bored and feel the urge to cheat, have threesomes, even break up, doesn't mean every one will. You haven't mentioned if you were in a long-term relationship or marriage, but if you were and felt a lack of excitement, you just simply were with the wrong girl.
      I know plenty of couples who have been together for 30+ years and they have not once cheated on each other and are still in love. My grandparents are living proof of this. If a couple gets bored in the relationship it's because the love faded away or needs are not being fulfilled.
      In this case, I'm inquiring about guys who spoil their women and if this behavior directly causes boredom. I can say that I am happier than ever before with my boyfriend whom I'm in love with and who goes above and beyond for me.

• i said before that this may not cause any latent issues. but it is a stronger or less strong feeling that everybody has at some point. if they act on it or not is a different story.

i don't think it's sensible to try and push the blame to one gender or look for examples where there was no obvious sign of it... we all know how it is so we all have to work on the issue.

humans are just litterally not made to be happy all the time. we need ups and downs in our lives and if we don't have them, we actively look for them. that's how humans work.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is not true.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Women definitely get tired of a pushover. That's what a guy who spoils her rotten is. He'll give her anything she wants, even ignore her infidelity. They call them a cuck. Eventually, you'll lose respect for him and treat him like garbage, because he'll let you. That, or you'll hate him when he stops spoiling you. Keep the respect alive and don't let the spoils get to your head.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree that there are girls who will take advantage of a nice guy and take it as a sign of weakness, but not all girls are like that. I actually value and respect my boyfriend, and am lucky to have him in my life. My exes were assholes and now I feel alive again after finding something I had been searching for my whole life.

• They get bored on their own. Perhaps she is one dimensional or maybe he is. From the outside everyone else can only see the spoiling and can't understand why anyone would not want that kind of treatment.

0|0
    0|0
    • I get spoiled by my boyfriend and am happy to wake up next to him everyday. Maybe it's because all my exes were assholes? Either way, I think that some women value it while some women take advantage of it because they are attracted to the so-called "bad boys".

• People are not rational beings. While the theory is, be nice to someone and they will be nice to you, maybe they will and maybe they won't. My wife-ex was one who took advantage of my good nature. The more she took the harder I tried to give until I just gave up.

Recovery phase has started but I'm still waiting for progress

• I think it's generally true, because women generally want excitement in relationships. They want to struggle a little bit, so that the feeling is so much sweeter when their man finally gives her what she needs. I believe that women have a pretty good idea of what they look for in men, they just suck at identifying the men who can provide it. I also believe that most women have incredibly unrealistic expectations about their relationships.

0|0
    0|0
    • I love my boyfriend and he gives me all the excitement I need. We do all sorts of things together and I enjoy every minute of it. Meanwhile, I was bored and depressed when I was with my ex who didn't seem to care much about me and didn't make me feel special at all.

• Great! The excitement definitely needs to come from somewhere, and it's better that your excitement comes from things you do with him than the actual relationship itself.

• I feel like this is true, at least from my experience. Every girl I've dated still to this day says I'm a great guy and one of the nicest guys they know, and there weren't any problems in the relationship that they mentioned, so I'm not sure why this relationships ended up this wasn't true.

0|0
    0|0
  • The answer depends if women have a choice. A woman that's independent and has options basically says that loving a guy that earns more or less is in the relationship out of love, connection, and the other's personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep it playful, just do fun things together. Finding the right balance between being overly nice and being cool is a delicate art 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Your case is an exception because most of the times relationships end because the girl gets bored with a guy like that

0|0
    0|0
  • Shouldn't YOU be answering that question? After all, you're the woman, right?

0|0
    0|0
    • It's because guys are always complaining about girls not wanting nice guys.

• I suppose it's true for some, but not for others.

• yes it's true.. but obviously you are an exception.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely.

0|0
    1|0
  • No that’s stupid

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you are gold digger !

0|0
    0|0
    • I am not. Gold diggers wouldn't care if a guy is an asshole as long as he is spending money on her.

• They get bored regardless.

0|1
    0|0
  • one liners usually have some credibility

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. As i have herd them

0|0
    0|0
  • well when was the last time you heard a girl saying "wow you're an asshole I'm done with you"

0|0
    0|0
  • Some do, and will begin to treat you like shit. However, those are not women. They are hoes. Stay clear of them... unless you just want to bend them over and send them home...

0|0
    0|0
    • Not all girls take advantage of a guy like that. I respect and value my boyfriend for being a nice guy and not an asshole.

• Nah, they're gonna cheat either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're unhealthy relationships

0|0
    0|0
    • How? My boyfriend and I are happy and in love. Please elaborate?

• Show All
    • I get the feeling that you’re just bitter because some girl whom you were nice to got bored with you, am I right? Not every girl is like that. If that was the case, she probably never loved you to begin with. I can assure you that. No girl wants to date a guy who treats her like shit and doesn’t show her how much he values her. Especially if she has dated guys who turned out to be assholes.

• My ex was abusive towards me and never spoiled me or bought me a single gift. Now I’m happier than ever before for finding something I’ve been missing my whole life. You’ll never understand how grateful and happy I am since you haven’t been in my shoes. Trust me.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes