"Nice guys finish last..." Is this still a thing? If so why?

In today's world with the sensationalization of infidelity in media and such, you would think that a good guy can get ahead when it comes to women. Unfortunately, it seems like they are still going for this "bad boy" persona that would mostly hurt them... Im sure many factors play into this, but im just speaking overall... Why is this still a thing? Just curious.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m dating a nice guy and because he’s a nice guy I’m happy to give him a blowjob when he wants and I don’t see loving him as a chore. Girls who want bad boys didn’t grow up knowing that a bad boy is a bad man and a bad father and a bad partner.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I agree. I phrased the question wrong, sorry. Just wanted to see if the "bad boy" persona that we typically know about still stands as a strong indicator for women's preference today. Good point though!

Most Helpful Guy

• It has to do a lot with human dominance structures. Women prefer men who are equal to above them. That's just the way it is. Now there are a couple things that go into this though. Like being a "bad boy" isn't the only thing. A guy who is constantly putting others first isn't gonna be above anyone though. The more successful your are and the better you make yourself though, the more attractive you are. Women like mastery, weather it is master over playing music, making money, leading others, and the like. Another funny thing is, women actually do prefer nice guys, but they have to be successful nice guys. If a guy owns a business, makes money hand over fist, and gives to charity and does community service with kids, he is incredibly attractive. More so than a dick who horde's all his money and acts like a dick to everyone. Men and women find different things attractive and women like men who are going to give them a good life for them and their possible kids. It's that simple.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know, can't we just say that nice guys can mean diffrent things to every person and can't say for sure if nice guys finish last because everybody has their point of view

0|1
    0|0
    • I agree, thats why I mention there are different factors... not bashing women who make those type of choices just wanted to understand if that was still a thing that most women dig and why..

• its like the endless war, it won't stop
      you just can sit, eat popcorns and watch how they argue for nothing

• Lol, nah. This victim mentality has me rolling.

1|1
    0|0
    • Hmm? lol? I wouldn't say victim mentality, but maybe I should've rephrase the question so it doesn't seem like I'm bashing... my bad.. but thanks for the response.

• Show All
    • I'm not sure you get this post... I was asking if its still a thing for women... i even responded that the phrasing of the question is bad.

• I think you’re misunderstanding my response.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it’s somewhat true because 1. “Bad boys” are typically more attractive and 2. They have this edge to them that for some reason women (particularly young women) like. I don’t think girls ONLY date assholes tho being “too nice” is a problem with a lot of women

0|0
    0|0
  • In general,
    They usually marry the damaged goods.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes