Who pays for coffee?

So a really social guy recently asked me to get coffee with him. Its a pretty amibguous offer im not sure if its like a date? And the last time we hung out I insisted to split the costs (we were a group then and it made sense). I generally always would pay for my own food and stuff but would that offend him? I've seen some guys take a girl asking to split as an indication she's not into him or its a bad date or something.
  • Whoever invites pays
  • Pay for your own stuff always

515

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an answer to this question which has never failed till date for all I know.

Offer to split the bills, if he insists on letting him pay, then let him but follow it by saying that it was really nice of him to pay but it will be on you the next time.
    That doesn't leave room for any confusion.

• Okay makes sense, do you think its a date or just meeting up casually/as friends?

• Its impossible to say since I dont know the guy.
      But irrespective of that, if its a date then by the method I told about earlier, you indirectly tell him that you enjoyed it and are interested in having another date.
      If it just a friendly thing, then you end up indirectly saying that you enjoy his company and would be up for another hangout session.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always be able to pay for things yourself but if he offers let him the first time or two. Then talk about proceeding