Who pays for coffee?

So a really social guy recently asked me to get coffee with him. Its a pretty amibguous offer im not sure if its like a date? And the last time we hung out I insisted to split the costs (we were a group then and it made sense). I generally always would pay for my own food and stuff but would that offend him? I've seen some guys take a girl asking to split as an indication she's not into him or its a bad date or something.
  • Whoever invites pays
    Vote A
  • Pay for your own stuff always
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an answer to this question which has never failed till date for all I know.

Offer to split the bills, if he insists on letting him pay, then let him but follow it by saying that it was really nice of him to pay but it will be on you the next time.
    That doesn't leave room for any confusion.

0|1
    0|0
    • Okay makes sense, do you think its a date or just meeting up casually/as friends?

• Its impossible to say since I dont know the guy.
      But irrespective of that, if its a date then by the method I told about earlier, you indirectly tell him that you enjoyed it and are interested in having another date.
      If it just a friendly thing, then you end up indirectly saying that you enjoy his company and would be up for another hangout session.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always be able to pay for things yourself but if he offers let him the first time or two. Then talk about proceeding

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• In European custom, usually the one inviting pays. But I have noticed in North America, while I lived there, you're expected to pay for your own a lot of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Be set on paying, but if he gives any sign to take the bill just say thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • It is just coffee, if I´m out with anyone I just pay for it because it´s just coffee. I think people put too much importance on who should pay.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is an arab that's normal... Arabs are very generous and they have the best hospitality..
    If he's not that count as a date

0|0
    0|1
  • Pick your battles. It's just coffee... pay for both if you aren't sure about splitting

0|0
    0|0
  • I would pay it myself just to show you how kind I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pay your part, unless he said clearly he was inviting you and paying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guy pays.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I invite the lady. I pay. Yeah.

0|0
    0|0
  • There's no standard in these things I guess!

0|0
    0|0
  • Choice B

0|0
    0|0
  • since coffee isn't that expensive , usually if someone makes the offer I'd expect them to at least pay for a cup of coffee when there

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee is not that expensive so I just pay for theirs too

0|0
    0|0
    • Thats generally what I think too, but I usually pay for friends and others. Do you think its a date or just meeting up casually/as friends?

• If it’s lunchtime then maybe just casual

• Always offer to pay your part. If he bought last time, offer to buy his next time. He may insist to pay, but offering is a very nice thing to do in my opinion. Usually when a guy offers to pay, he thinks of it as a date. May want to ask tho

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Whoever drinks it...

0|1
    0|0
  • I like to pay for myself

0|0
    0|0
  • You pay what you drink.

0|1
    0|0