Where and what is the best way to meet a potential girlfriend?

I've searched endlessly on websites to know where to go to meet single girls. There are websites that say taking a class is a great way, except I tried that recently and there was only two girls out of the entire class.

I've tried dating websites and apps, but only about 1 out of 50 girls respond and even then those who do seem to just be passing the time with the app.

I currently live in a very conservative and religious city, which for someone who is agnostic doesn't help. Because, I'm sure that if I were to start going to some church, just to meet a girl that might not go over well. And even if I was able to deal with listening to sermons, I'd probably end up getting kicked out of the church, when I started asking about all the contradictions or lack of explanations. No offense to religious people reading this. (I'm not against religion, I just see too many holes in the philosophy.)

But anyway, does anyone have any suggestions on where and what is the best way to meet a potential long term girlfriend?

10