Would you date a 16 year old?

If you're 18-29, would you date a sixteen year old?

I am sixteen and I don't get attracted to guys my age, but I do get attracted to older guys. I guess it's a question about maturity. But I'm afraid guys that age are gonna be like "wtf" if I smile at them or flirt. So I wanna know if I should try to get over this older man thing or if it's okay.

PS: Legal issues aside, where I live it's legal.
Also: please don't judge :)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was legal, I wouldn't judge. Attraction is attraction. There's nothing wrong with how you feel. People tend to have a type, yours is older. :)

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If I was 18, maybe. Past that I wouldn't be looking to date someone in High School, it would be weird even for me now being 20... Just two different worlds. Then would he want me to go to prom with him?

I don't know, but there are a lot of older pervy guys who take advantage of younger girls so if you do date someone older, you should be careful okay? But I know how you feel, I never liked guys my age when I was 16, I just dreamed over older celebrities until I was older and could date more mature guys, haha.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• It's an ethics thing. If your society accepts it, then by all means. Just be smart about the laws behind intimacy with an age gap. Here, the age of consent is 16, but the legal age for shacking up is 18. I'm 19 and I wouldn't date someone who's 16 unless I made it explicitly clear that it's strictly emotional. Some guys aren't gonna risk it, some will. I'd be wary of the ones who will because you don't know how low they'll go (fo' sho')

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Sure a 16 year old girl could be physically attractive, but from what I've seen even 18 19 year olds act like children, get upset over small things, make irrational or irresponsible decisions. I want a woman, not a girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yeah i would i dont see that there is anything wrong with that. Lots of guys acteully go for girls a bit younger than themselves but not too young

0|0
    1|0
  • At 29 no lol
    Above 25 no
    Below 22 ya
    22-25 grey zone

Bang her at any age, ya if it's legal ya

0|1
    1|0
  • Well, here where I live I was even suggested to do so... this year. The aunt of a 16 year old and the grandmother of another 16 year old wanted me to date their niece and granddaughter respectively. I say this first because, depending on the case, it's not that weird where I live and definetely not illegal.
    Depending on the case and on the girl, I would, few people would actually oppose me (others would support me, as I already mentioned) and I wouldn't be breaking any laws... but it gets more difficult to happen every year since I'm getting older.
    It's not something I seek though. I said it really depends on the girl. If she has a childish mind I'll just pass.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on maturity of the younger person. If a much younger girl was mature then I see no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m 16 so would I date a 18 year old yes because I’ve been said to act like a 21 year old and some people think I look 21 for some reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Chris hansen, you should just give up on this site. Try instagram or something.

0|1
    1|0
  • Even though it's legal where I live I would date anyone below 18. I'm 22.

0|1
    0|0
  • No i wouldn't we'd have nothing in common in terms of real life things also it would turn into basically first half of Scott Pilgrim vs The World

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• Depends a lot on their personality and maturity... I'm turning 18 soon and I'm dating a 16 year old, and honestly there is no problem with that; he's mature enough

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Too young for me.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes