My mom hates my boyfriend?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I have been together for a year and three months. He is my first and I love him to death. I know that makes me sound like a little girl, but there are no significant issues in our relationship. We respect our differences, handle disagreements responsibly, and we are honest with each other. There is only one problem... my mother.
Growing up, my family was always super close. However, my siblings and I are growing up, and naturally we have drifted. My brother and I are in college and my sister is a teenager who wants to"find herself". I think this growth is normal, but the rest of my family doesn't seem to think so. This has caused the home environment to become rather toxic. I love my family, but that includes my boyfriend. I'm having a difficult time balancing this.
My mom passes many harsh judgements on my boyfriend without knowing him all that well (saying he's snobby, we won't get along because he's agnostic and an only child, he's arrogant, etc.). Recently, she went through my things and found a private note that he wrote to me saying something negative about her. She wouldn't tell me what was wrong and ignored me for days until I deduced what had happened. It looks like we are gonna have it out tomorrow and I don't know what to do. She thinks this proves that he's bad for me and she wants him gone. I'm not sure if he was justified, but he's entitled to his opinion and I love him. I don't want my life to be ruled by her, but I want to reconcile this and have a good relationship with her again! I don't know how to defend him when she is basing this off of such little information. I'm really scared.
+1 y
Update: My mom got home and we talked it out. She said a lot of harsh things but ultimately brought up some good points. She said he was ungrateful to her. She will not tell me to break up with him but she said she would be upset if I stayed with him. He is no longer allowed in my house. I think this is overkill for a small comment he made in a note she wasn't even supposed to see but I can't challenge her on this. I feel like complete shit.
My mom hates my boyfriend?
3
1