What is the earliest someone should start dating?

What’s the minimum age someone should start dating at?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• When they have a clear understanding of the difference between love, lust, and friendship.

It doesn't have an age, its seen as early as middle school. I think it just matter that the dating is healthy, and otherwise appropriate for its time frame. a lot of people would assume sexual activity comes with dating but it doesn't have to.

I say with adult supervision that can date under the age of 18. After 18 well it doesn't matter. Its hard enough dating anyway because most can't even afford it nowadays

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• When I see a 14 year old, I think that's too young to date. However I first dated at 14. I thought I was old enough then, and I still think I was old enough.

On the other hand, it wasn't a relationship at that age, and we didn't have sex. It was all pretty innocent. I was too young and naive back then to have sex responsibly. So it's all for the better that I didn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd recommend 17-18 not because of the legality but because that is the age where you start to psychologically mature enough to differentiate between what's good and bad , long-term and short-term which keeps you from making mistakes that you'd regret the rest of your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 and until you're 25 I don't think you should start a long term relationship or get married. Experience a ton of people and filter out traits you don't like and want that's reasonable. If you have high expectations you have to keep yourself up to par with those standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as they're both around the same age, same mentality, so long as you don't do stupid stuff and make kids at a very young age because they think ahh I won't happen to me

0|0
    0|0
  • like 15-16 is usually acceptable to start dating, I see

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated well 'dated' lol at like 11-12 ish or something. Basically just friends that hung out and kiss a few times lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually about the age of 18 I would suggest no younger than that

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 seems like a good age because you can have jobs and possibly a driver's license

0|0
    0|0
  • Id say a mature 13 year old is a good starting point. (As long as they know what they're doing)

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what you mean by dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • 14-16

0|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|1
  • 14 is when most people start

0|0
    0|0
  • I started when I was 12

0|0
    0|0
  • 14 maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • 14 - 15

0|0
    0|0
  • During the age of sexual liberation there is no set age per se.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I don't know, whenever it comes to u like I'm 15 and I'm kinda sad I have never been in a serious relationship but if u feel ready and you have someone who would date u go ahead just don't date to be popular or etc

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I'd say 16 since you are a bit more mature

0|0
    0|0
  • Around 13+

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe 16 if they are mature

0|0
    0|0