I am 21, People tell me that I am beautiful. But I am rarely approached by anyone. Is there something wrong with me?

I am also muslim so that might be why. People tell me that i am beautiful. But i am rarely approached by anyone. I don't want to be in a relationship for the sake of it, but it would be good to meet a funny cute guy and date. I do have a strong personality and i feel like it might be a repulsive thing for men. I really don't want to change i want a strong man that will encourage me not bring me down, is it too much to ask for? P. S: i have never been in a relationship before.
  • because i am muslim
    Vote A
  • because i have a strong personality
    Vote B
  • something else
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• With a very expressionist religion such as the Islamic faith being Muslim can play a part. But I feel the way you described the kinda of guy you would like to meet versus the challenge you face requires one to give over the other.

It takes an open person to involve themselves in the world of another with the intent of love. Its like you would never ask of him to practice your faith but expect him to not disrespect your belief as a compromise for what he feels comfortable.

I feel like it won't be hard for you to find a capable man, but i fear you will simple have to challenge your comfort zone in order to find a healthy balance until you can create a unity within both worlds.

1|0
    0|0
    • thank you i totally agree with you 100%

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a gorgeous female friend who many guys admired but stay away from. She was Muslim but converted away from Islam. That was last year. The restrictions of being Muslim was the reason for a long life of unhappiness. Now, she's extremely happy with her life and has been asked out repeatedly. In fact, her parents, siblings, uncles, aunties & cousins all denounced Islam and found so much success & happiness nowadays. I am very happy for my friend & and her family/relatives.

0|0
    0|0
    • i am happy for your friend but i am not looking for change i am happy with my religion and content with my personality i just don't think it's fair to have to change so that someone can like you

• Show All
    • We reached this conclusion after she made the switch. Her cousins (in the dating scene) also concur that's what happened for them after they switched.

• oh gotcha well like i said i don't think that's an option for me so there is that

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• Many guys like my self are afraid to approach beautiful woman as we feel they're out of our league, wouldn't like us, or she probably already has a boyfriend etc.

1|0
    0|0
    • awe well i never thought of that - lol i thought the majority of men are not shy

• Show All
    • No, sometimes you just can't, getting mixed signals all the time can be very confusing unless you're they're up front, and you just proved it there, " like the way she conversates or looks at you or don't look at you in my case lol"

• true i am sorry i shouldn't really speak for all women

• In my experience in America people like to keep to themselves unlike in other countries, Have you tried to initiate a conversation yourself that might help.

1|0
    0|0
    • not gonna lie about this - too scared of rejection ! i have a reputation lol a good one though

• Show All
    • thank you :)

• You are welcome. I like helping people. If you need anymore help just ask.

• It's probably the way people think of you. By that I mean probably they think your walls are too high or that they may not have a chance with you. But hey, instead of waiting for someone to come by, why not take a risk and try making the first move. Men (or me at least) really adore women who actually takes the initiative to make the first move.

It could be many things, maybe it's how you respond to them and the conversations you have with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are overtly Muslim in a Western country, that's going to discourage most non-Muslim men from approaching you. One way to overcome this is to participate in mixed-gender social groups (like dance meetups). Then guys will get to know you personally instead of seeing you as "that cute Muslim girl over there".

0|0
    0|0
  • People don't want to date you because they don't know what it really means to be a muslim. I am a Jew.

1|0
    0|0
    • true i feel like that might be a strong factor - but i am really open minded so I don't know how to convey that

• No. everyone has their own preferences and at some point you will find love.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, being Muslim is a part of it. People have many misconceptions about Islam. Well, anyway with that sought of thinking isn't worth you in the first place.
    Well, it also depends on how you dress. If, you dress like a normal girl, I don't see a problem in any guy approaching you unless, they think you're already taken.

0|0
    0|0
  • You might be having a closed kind of body language...
    I mean do you interact with less people already , very shy or not so good at conversations and all?

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should put that strong personality into play and do the approaching.

0|0
    0|0
    • i am scared of rejection - i also happen to be the biggest coward when i crush on someone i just get tingly feelings, cold feet and i get super shy and nervous

• Show All
    • You think it's easy? It's not.
      But society has long dictated that men should make the first move, and a lot of guys still think this way and will therefore just bite the bullet.
      That doesn't mean rejection affects them any less, only that they believe the risk necessary if they ever want to meet someone.
      Times are changing, and you can either be a part of it, or sit around passively. But don't moan about things not coming your way if you're not willing to put yourself on the line.

• OOOK relax i am trying to figure it out too - thanks for helping Jeez

• Asking out an attractive girl can be intimidating for most people- try asking out a guy and blow his mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 5

• Do you wear a hijab? A lot of people think muslim women cant/wont date anyone who is not muslim.

1|1
    0|0
    • I dooooo - i mean it's not like a traditional hijab and all it's more like cover most part of my hair but loose around neck area but you can tell from miles away i am muslim - I know i am like it's not fair that the world don't know about my culture

• Show All
    • i really dooooo lol thank you for the advice

• No worries :)

• I think you’re doing just fine. It sends like you’re conservative in who you choose as a partner and that’s totally find because it shows you have standards and don’t settle as opposed to some girls who just go off with whoever is vaguely nice to them or wants a piece of a$$. It might be a little lonely and disheartening at times to see other people in relationships or dating but hang in there.

0|0
    0|0
    • Network with people, socialize, make sure you’re out there so people can get to know you but don’t necessarily look for someone. Guys sense desperation so go about your business as you would any other day, work on your success, work on you so that when someone you like comes along, you’re ready for them. I don’t know you but it helps to work on improving yourself (idk maybe you need to tone down your personality a bit for the first few dates just so the other person can get used to you?

• But honestly, if that other person doesn’t like you because of a strong personality (a good-natured one I hope) or because you’re Muslim then why would you want them in the first place?

I’m 21, I’ve had one boyfriend and have dated a small handful of people but have just recently met someone who has the potential for a relationship. Like it takes time and patience, not to say it sucks but when you come across the right person it’s totally worth it. So hang in there.
      Hope I helped w this terribly long response lol

• Despite a large portion of the poll voting so, I disagree with the Muslim portion (unless you Iive in a conservative city/state).

People are often intimidated by beauty and strong personalities; however, the root would be more in the insecurity of the person who is interested in you.

A strong personality will definitely hold some people back, but if you are a great person who is kind and has a great personality and beauty, then it comes down to others making the decision not to approach you based on their own fears and misconceptions.

Also, your case is not uncommon. It happens to me as well as many others I know. Sometimes taking the first leap can be useful. Simply talking to someone you're interested in can be nerve wracking so some guys may just be too nervous. With that being said, a strong personality can make them even more likely to back off.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where do you live btw?

1|0
    0|0
    • Ohio US - nothing special lol

• Show All
    • Then you will find another man who suits you. You won't know. Just be patient...
      I know it will take time, but waiting for the right man is worthy.
      Or if you have someone in your mind, dont hesitate to approach him first.

• thank you i appreciate it

• Can be anything.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes